PDA

View Full Version : SVT NSVT VT worry

Mark8800
09-11-22, 10:52
Hello everyone. I wanted to bring up some symptom I've had for a while now. I'm seeing an electrophysiologist here soon. In December I'll be going.

About 6 or so times, I've had this weird symptom where I'd be sitting or laying down and get this surge of adrenaline in my heart. And it would start beating very hard and fast while also feeling like it was fluttering. I’d feel it in my throat and It would go on for about 2 seconds but sometimes lasted 12 to 17 seconds. But I'm not sure the exact time. I've had multiple 24 and 48 hour holter monitors for my pvcs and have had three echocardiograms which my cardiologist said were normal. I have severe anxiety and health anxiety so I've been so on edge not knowing whether this is going to randomly kill me. I heard it could be NSVT or VT. I could be wrong, but I think my doctor said I had supraventricular tachycardia. I could be wrong. My worry is that if it is vt. I won’t be able to get to the hospital fast enough cause I heard vt that lasts longer than 30 seconds can kill you.

WorryRaptor
09-11-22, 11:57
VT looks different on an ECG/EKG than SVT does. If they told you that you had SVT, then that means they would have seen a pattern that suggested that on one of your holters if you had those flutters during the time you were wearing it. Maybe you could ask your cardiologist to clarify if they caught SVT on any of your readings?

You also had a normal echo which means you don't have any structural issues with your heart, makes it less likely for it to be VT as it most commonly happens due to some kind of structural issue in the heart.

Mark8800
09-11-22, 12:21
I’m not sure how they caught it because every time I’ve felt this sensation, I wasn’t wearing a monitor. My main worry is that it will happen again as I wait for my cardiologist appointment on the 9th of December