PDA

View Full Version : Tonsil Pain. switching from one side to the other.

Moonlitt
14-11-22, 00:34
I can’t believe i’m posting on here again, first time i’ve experienced health anxiety in a while but i’m genuinely so anxious right now. I’ve had tonsil pain for almost a week now, it started on my left side, then seemed to get better and then started on my right side. And it keeps switching. It’s slightly less painful in the mornings, more discomfort than pain really and gets worst towards the evening and night. And it’s only ever one of them at a time which is what’s confusing me. The one that’s painful swells up and goes red. Even when one isn’t in pain i can still feel a weird sort of feeling. My throat also feels very dry and feels abit harder to breathe but that’s been the same this whole time. And occasionally one of my ears will hurt for a second and they block up aswell. I know it’s all connected and i had an ear infection in both my ears about 3 months ago and ever since then my ear pop more often that before. I don’t know if that’s relevant though. I haven’t made the mistake of googling all of this because i know it would make it worse but i did accidentally read a few things i didn’t want to read and now i’m anxious all over again. I also feel abit of phlegm like i need to cough it out sometimes. I don’t know if this is serious can someone help me out please ? i don’t want to experience anxiety all over again.

Moonlitt
14-11-22, 22:42
quick update: i woke up today and my throat still feels abit off and i have a slight cough, however my tonsils don’t hurt anymore, they still look a bit out of shape and maybe slightly swollen but i’m not in pain when swallowing on either side. this has calmed me down a lot, probably should’ve known it was my health anxiety kicking in.

TylerB
18-11-22, 04:58
I’m dealing with incredible pain right now because of strep infection. My throat is sore yes, but the real debilitating pain is my left ear infection, presumed strep. My Eustachian tube is blocked so pressure in there is pretty high and I have to take codeine just to sleep. It’s the worst frigging experience I’ve ever had. Horrible.