PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

Leeky1
18-11-22, 17:21
Hi, I'm Leeky1, newbie here, I'm from Wales hence the play on words with my screen name.

I suffer with frequent urination, nocturia and urge incontinence. I work on a supermarket checkout till and have to get permission to leave the checkout to go to the loo, even if there are no customers. Recently due to staff shortages (people off sick/having operations/using up holidays left before they lose them, no holidays allowed in December), the line manager is not always in sight or answering their buzzer, (so that I can request a loo break/get cover, while I go to the loo).

I wear night-time incontinence pads during the day and sometimes, because I often don't get there in time, they can fill too quickly leading to overflow/leakage. I am 59, go to the loo at night 5-9 times on a bad night and 3-4 on a good one. A year or so ago, I had a partial prolapse (had a leakage all over the floor, while shelf stacking, in front of colleagues and customers, very embarrassing :blush:) for which I was treated at the time but was told that it would recur.

I have been doing the Kegel exercises and have recently been put on pessaries and HRT patches (last few weeks). Please can someone tell me it gets better, I'm getting little sleep, dreading going to work, don't drink tea/coffee/soda-pop), even a sip of water causes several loo visits. I don't drink anything now from the afternoon before, until I get home after my shift early afternoon next day (I work early morning until lunchtime). Then I drink only water, and I stop drinking anything at all from 3 p.m. onwards until the next lunchtime. Like my mother, I get swollen ankles if I stand for too long, and I suspect my body is getting rid of excess fluid.

I have had a camera in my bladder and diabetes tests, both negative. I am hoping the HRT and Kegel exercises work, I just need some hope to keep me going. Thanks for reading this.

venusbluejeans
18-11-22, 17:27
Hiya Leeky1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Leeky1
18-11-22, 17:30
Cheers Emmz will go look now.