PDA

View Full Version : Kidney issues or muscular pain?

quaglenga
21-11-22, 17:10
Hi all,

I am a 23 year old female who has suffered with HA for the last few years but more than ever in the last 6 months since my mum passed away. I have booked a doctor's appointment regarding this but it's not until 1st December so I'm just looking to put my mind at ease until then.

My latest fear are my kidneys and I'm not even sure why. I pee normally and have not experienced any urinary symptoms that are off. I have always suffered with back pain and see an osteopath for this about twice a year. But more recently I've also experienced pain in my lower back and hip area as well which is new. When I lay down or walk I don't really get the pain but if I'm sat at a desk for long periods it starts to play up. In my anxious state today I've also had a few shooting pains around my middle back (kidney area?).

I recently was taken off an antibiotic that I was on for my acne for about a year. I've read horror stories online saying that this drug should only be used for 6 months max or it can cause liver/kidney issues and now I'm spiralling. My last blood test was in February this year but they didn't check my kidneys or liver, it was just a full blood count but they did do a urine sample and everything was fine.

If I did have a problem with my kidneys would I be experiencing some urinary symptoms? I'm just looking for reassurance on this as I've heard kidney issues can be asymptomatic until critical but I don't know this - I have successfully avoided Google. Volatrol seems to help the pain a lot too, as does stretching on my foam roller, not sure if this would do anything for internal organ pain?

Anything to help would be really appreciated 🙏🏼

NoraB
22-11-22, 07:23
Sorry to hear about your mum, guaglenga..

Was there a kidney issue with your mum at all? (I'm trying to work out where the fear is coming from).

quaglenga
22-11-22, 08:23
Thank you for your response NoraB. There wasn't a kidney issue as such but slight kidney and liver damage (she was a heavy drinker so I know this was very likely to be self inflicted).

I think it's just the idea of something being wrong with one of my vital organs is scaring me a lot and especially because of this event revelation about the medication I was on. I have had back pain for years due to poor posture etc and thought nothing of it but now it seems to worry me thinking it could be more sinister. I guess I'd just like to know from someone that I would likely have some other symptoms other than a bit of back pain if it was kidney related.

I'm toying with the idea of getting my levels checked when I do see the doctor in December. I want to be reassured but I don't want to reinforce my anxiety if I'm being dramatic ultimately.