PDA

View Full Version : Constant Need To Pee!

Elfking
23-11-22, 19:36
For the last two weeks I have been feeling like the muscles in my bladder are always clenched. I keep feeling the need to pee, nothing that has me running for the bathroom or anything but a constant low level urge. When I do go to the toilet I don't have any difficulty passing urine and, in fact, often pee quite a bit. There is no pain at any point, no signs of infection, no signs of anything!

I have urine dipsticks at home and when using those it hasn't shown any issues in any of the areas. I've also been checking my blood sugar levels which are normal. Yay for hypochondria having me buy all this stuff -_-

I have contacted the doctors and handed them a urine test today but in the meantime I'm feeling really scared. I'm worried I might be diabetic or that there is an infection. Not helped by the fact that my Dad was admitted to hospital today with a bladder on the verge of rupturing (we don't live together nor see each other often so it can't be related) and one of my cousin's wives dying of a kidney infection. It's left me very scared.

Darksky
23-11-22, 20:36
Are you male or female? Age?

Dont go running towards trouble. Let the doctors diagnose. They’ve spent years in med school, your HA has spent none. If you are peeing loads quite freely your bladder won’t rupture because it’s not retaining urine.
How long before you get results?

Elfking
23-11-22, 22:36
Are you male or female? Age?

Dont go running towards trouble. Let the doctors diagnose. They’ve spent years in med school, your HA has spent none. If you are peeing loads quite freely your bladder won’t rupture because it’s not retaining urine.
How long before you get results?

Sorry, I should've put these details in before!

I'm male. 34 years old. I'm not sure about when I'd get results, it would most likely be early next week if I had to guess.

I now my bladder won't rupture, but my dad having that issue has made me even more aware of my issues.

Fishmanpa
24-11-22, 01:09
Common anxiety symptom. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet)

FMP

Elfking
24-11-22, 02:03
Common anxiety symptom. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet)

FMP

Thanks for the link :) I know it's a common anxiety symptom but that doesn't stop me worrying! (not trying to sound snarky at all there by the way!)

When it mentions stage actors and things, I get that, but that is a short basically one off experience. Can a more generalised anxiety keep this symptom going for a week or more?

NoraB
24-11-22, 07:51
No matter how many times I read the title, I'm seeing it as 'Constant Need To Peel'.

I thought you were a serial face-mask peeler or that you're partial to easy peel satsumas. :shrug:

Regards peeing, as FMP says, it's a common anxiety symptom. (Fixating on this will make it worse).

Darksky
25-11-22, 17:04
I think you are fixating on it and once you start anxiously focusing on a group of muscles, of course they tense up. And bladder muscles will affect your sensations down there. Maybe try tensing and relaxing your pelvic floor muscles…it’s not just for women.
Let us know the results when you get them.

Off topic…ElfKing? Are you a Tolkien fan?

Elfking
25-11-22, 18:33
I think you are fixating on it and once you start anxiously focusing on a group of muscles, of course they tense up. And bladder muscles will affect your sensations down there. Maybe try tensing and relaxing your pelvic floor muscles…it’s not just for women.
Let us know the results when you get them.

Off topic…ElfKing? Are you a Tolkien fan?

You aren't the first to ask about Tolkein :roflmao:Another one I get is a German (I think?) poem or story. But no, it's a childhood nickname because my ears are a bit pointy and people started calling me an elf!

I'm like 90% sure it is anxiety. I've done at home urine tests that have been clear of everything, I've tracked my blood-sugar and it is fine (except the couple of times I did after takeaways where it took longer to come down). I don't have any other symptoms, there's no pain, no difficulty passing urine, I'm not having to run desperately for the toilet, I'm not waking up at night to pee... And yet here I sit still thinking what if I have an enlarged prostate? What if it's cancer? What if there's a blockage preventing my bladder fully emptying? What if it's diabetes? Etc.

I'm sure I'm obsessing but I find it very, very hard not to!

BlueIris
25-11-22, 19:04
I thought your name was from the Goethe poem :)

Darksky
25-11-22, 19:48
If you had an enlarged prostate your problem would be opposite to what you have. The prostate grows and presses on the urethra narrowing it, so the flow is reduced. Same with cancer and you are very young in any case for that.