PDA

View Full Version : Ate a slightly raw burger.

Froot
27-11-22, 01:59
Basically, just minutes ago, I was eating a burger. I noticed after about halfway through part of it was pink. Now, of course, I'm worried. Am I going to get sick? I'm a severe emetophobe so the idea is making me panic already.

I know, rationally, some people eat their burgers like that. I've seen burgers where the meat pratically looks fresh off the cow and that bright pink. I know there's dishes where raw beef is eaten. But it doesn't change that I'm worried I will get sick.

Does anyone have any advice as how to calm down or just accept that there's a possibility that I'm going to get sick? Apologies if this is the wrong subforum.

Flapj
27-11-22, 02:33
That's the best way to eat a burger!

How can we reassure you that the burger you ate, cooked to a level most people prefer their burgers, poses no health risk to you?

ErinKC
27-11-22, 02:53
Any time you eat anything there’s a chance you’ll get sick. Likely your burger was still at a safe temperature even though it was pinker than you feel comfortable with. I have a similar fear. But our bodies are great at dealing with things like this. It’s very unlikely you’ll get sick and if you so it won’t be serious.

Sar89
27-11-22, 21:39
Basically, just minutes ago, I was eating a burger. I noticed after about halfway through part of it was pink. Now, of course, I'm worried. Am I going to get sick? I'm a severe emetophobe so the idea is making me panic already.

I know, rationally, some people eat their burgers like that. I've seen burgers where the meat pratically looks fresh off the cow and that bright pink. I know there's dishes where raw beef is eaten. But it doesn't change that I'm worried I will get sick.

Does anyone have any advice as how to calm down or just accept that there's a possibility that I'm going to get sick? Apologies if this is the wrong subforum.
Any time you eat you run the risk of getting sick I suppose even from fruit and veg. I have eaten some seriously suspect things in the past like reheated rice that had been sat cold in a pan on side for nearly 24 hours ect. Iv luckily not gotten food poisoning yet I suppose it’s only a matter of time 😩 try to not think about it and ease your mind with distractions such as talking to friends, reading, surfing Net, exercising anything really and if you haven’t got sick a few hours after eating it your not likely to really. For what it’s worth my partner eats his beef so raw it looks like it’s going to start mooing. I eat it with blood although not to the extreme of him.

serith
01-12-22, 19:06
When a couple days go by and you don't get sick, then you'll know :)

I drink raw milk almost every day...

ankietyjoe
02-12-22, 09:20
Yeah, just accept that it might happen. It's not like there's anything else you can do.

The chances of getting sick from eating raw beef are minimal though. One chance in thousands I would imagine, at worst.