PDA

View Full Version : Chesty Wet Cough

Luja
28-11-22, 19:45
I have had a chesty wet cough for 5 weeks. 2 different types of antibiotics and now the dr wants an urgent chest xray (tomorrow) and phlemb test. The antibiotics have worked BIT when I do cough it is wet and I an bringing up green bits of phlemb (mainly in the mornings). We'll now I cant stop thinking I have lung cancer. The dr has said he is worried as I am only 39!

ErinKC
29-11-22, 18:54
When is your chest x-ray? This time of year is just nuts. When I get a bad chest cough it can last for weeks and weeks. I’m sure it’s just a long lingering thing. Good luck - keep us posted!

Luja
29-11-22, 19:08
So I put my big girls' knickers on and have had the x Ray. I am just so worried what they will find.

Luja
29-11-22, 19:08
I had it today plus a urine and cough sample (I didn't even know there was one).

ErinKC
30-11-22, 01:54
Good for you getting the tests! Thinking of you and hoping (and assuming!) they’ll come out normal!

Luja
30-11-22, 18:34
I have had a wet cough for the last 5 weeks (previous post) 2 courses of antibiotics didn't shift it all. I asked the Dr for another course as when I cough it was still quite wet and in the morning I tend to bring up alot of phlemb. I have now done a urine sample, cough test and a chest xray. I am absolutely petrified its cancer! I had my x ray yesterday and drs haven't got anything back. My mum who is trying to reassure me keeps saying that it would of been flagged if it was cancer and the drs would of called me. I just don't know what to think!

nomorepanic
30-11-22, 18:48
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.