PDA

View Full Version : Worried about pain in right side of groin

anxious_thoughts
01-12-22, 17:54
Hey everyone,

I’m going through some bad anxiety this week. Wondering if it’s because my period starts tomorrow and my hormones.

Anyways, last night I noticed pain in my inner right groin that radiates a bit to the front of my thigh. It hurts more so when I press on it. I’m scared to think it’s my appendix. I’m on birth control and this week I’m on the sugar pills and my period starts tomorrow, was thinking it’s that but since it’s more painful when I press on it, it sounds muscular. Could it be that? I’m just trying to take deep breathes and not overthink it all. :(

quaglenga
02-12-22, 19:55
I will say that you would know about it if it was your appendix. A rule that has really helped my HA is waiting a week before I contact my GP about anything. 9 times out of 10 the symptoms clear up within this time and I forget about them. See how you are feeling after your period, but it doesn't sound like anything sinister.

anxious_thoughts
02-12-22, 21:07
I will say that you would know about it if it was your appendix. A rule that has really helped my HA is waiting a week before I contact my GP about anything. 9 times out of 10 the symptoms clear up within this time and I forget about them. See how you are feeling after your period, but it doesn't sound like anything sinister.

Thank you for this! It’s been 3 days and the pain hasn’t been worse so I think you’re right. I remember getting out of bed one day and pulling the right groin area where it felt like it slightly dislocated and went back to normal. It hurt a bit but I forgot about it. I’m wondering if it’s that. Anxiety is better today :)