PDA

View Full Version : Head Pressure Triggering Anxiety

TheArcher90
01-12-22, 22:52
I have been hit by THE cold doing the rounds at the moment, it's brutal. Shivering, sweats, aches, it all. But I have the head pressure that I can hear if that makes sense and it's triggering my anxieties wondering if it is normal to hear and feel the head pressure.

TheArcher90
01-12-22, 23:29
Like do you hear the head pressure when you have a cold?

Carnation
01-12-22, 23:53
I've got the exact same thing. The head pressure is awful. Don't think I've had it like this before but anxiety in the mix as well.

TheArcher90
02-12-22, 11:19
I feel like I'm going crazy. It isn't tinnitus its definitely related to the head pressure but I'm worried it's here to stay.

Sounds like my brain is pulsing.

flappergirl
02-12-22, 15:48
Feeling ill does make your anxiety spiral. I have just been ill with terrible cold/virus and my anxiety is through the roof today.

Head pressure is probably due to sinus. I had this also when I had Covid in 2020 which was mainly like a head cold. My ears hurt and felt like pulsing as well as whole head squeezing like a vice. I found taking ibruprofen helped rather than paracetamol. Also steaming using olbas oil. Look at sinus massage online too.

However, I would say that when I get tension headaches, my whole head squeezes (different to above but can't explain it) and my ears feel like pounding. Maybe it's a combination of worry and illness...?

Get better soon!