PDA

View Full Version : Brain worry - all sorts of symptoms

shotta287
02-12-22, 21:11
Hello all, unfortunately I’m back again :(

It all started early last month when out of nowhere, my sex drive dropped. Well I say out of nowhere but I stopped ashwaghanda supplement (which is known to increase libido) and with the onset of winter is what initially caused it probably and me worrying about it has made it worse.

Then a few weeks ago I had a migraine lasting all day. Since then I keep feeling pressure in my left temple and brow. I’m also feeling a bit spaced out and not my usual self although I have no issues meeting friends or going to work.

Few days ago driving home from work my eyes felt tired and other cars’ lights were getting to me and this also has me worried.

I’m basically worried that there’s something not right with my brain or pituitary gland. Thinking rationally, it’s most likely a build up of tension and constant worry but I can’t help but think what if.

serith
03-12-22, 14:38
You're connecting all sorts of things that 1) have nothing to do with each other and 2) are not even anything to worry about. You say "all sorts of symptoms" but that's just not true. You're having 2 minor symptoms (counting the headache and low sex drive-- not counting the eye thing as a symptom.) So you're having two "symptoms" that are incredibly common, normal things.

You named two perfectly legitimate reasons why your sex drive would plummet-- on top of the fact that it's a naturally fluctuating thing anyway. Even if this has never happened to you before, there's no reason to think it can't just start happening out of nowhere. Nor is there a reason to think it won't bounce back. (Maybe there's a natural period of low drive after taking a supplement that artificially raises it?)

Migraines and head aches in general are insanely common. It would be very weird if you never had a headache or even a migraine. Again, even if you've never had migraines in the past, they can always start, and it doesn't mean you have a brain tumor.

As for lights in your eyes bothering you-- new cars have insanely bright headlights. I'm young and have excellent vision and 10 years ago I had zero problem driving in the dark, and used to laugh at people who complained about it. NOW, people's ultra-white LED headlights drive me insane and I hate driving in the dark. And fatigue can greatly impact feelings of eye strain. I started getting cloudiness in my eyes that goes away when you blink, from insomnia I think. Or from nothing. Whatever the case, I didn't worry about it.

I am completely, 100% certain there is nothing wrong with your brain-- except this insane worry. Remember the body is an extremely complex organism that has all sorts of fluctuations. Do not overly focus on every single feeling that comes and goes. Best of luck, practice all your anxiety-managing techniques, try to remember to be rational, listen to the quiet voice out there in the universe that's telling you what you already know-- that there's nothing wrong with your brain. <3