PDA

View Full Version : Calf Twitching

kirstynic
08-12-22, 07:47
Hi,

I am experiencing calf twitching, it almost feels like popcorn popping under my skin and you can actually see it. I’ve been awake since 3ish as it was keeping me awake as although it doesn’t hurt it feels uncomfortable.

I can’t get into the doctor, but it’s driving me crazy and I dont want another night of little sleep. I’m anxious about it but the twitch came before the anxiety. I can’t attribute it to anything, other than a dance workout I did yesterday, although I’ve done it before and it’s not caused this.

Thank you for reading x

BlueIris
08-12-22, 11:07
It's harmless, and with all due respect I think your doctor might laugh you out of the surgery for this one. Sometimes (often) twitches just happen.

serith
10-12-22, 18:58
That sounds super annoying, but it's nothing to worry about. It will go away soon. It was definitely triggered by the work out. Just because you've done the work out before and this didn't happen, doesn't mean it can't start happening. Work outs can cause all sorts of weird pains and twitches that come and go. I get muscle twitches all over my body after I swim, sometimes you can get muscle spasms in the abdomen (hasn't happened to me, but someone I know was awake all night recently with it), also 1 time I had an eye twitch that lasted for two weeks. (The eye twitch was not from working out obviously lol, probably just stress and fatigue.)