PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Antibiotics Use

Ruby777
08-12-22, 15:04
I'm in a really bad place with my anxiety at the moment due to recurrent use of antibiotics

Since February I had to take antibiotics 5 or 6 times and now I'm convinced I have developed resistance to bacteria and I am so stressed.

I had two courses of antibiotics for a c-section scar infection after giving birth in March/April, I then have been having recurrent strep/tonsillitis since July and I have had 3 courses of antibiotics for that and a chest infection. Yesterday my throat infection came back and now the doctor said I need to take antibiotics again!! I am terrified as I dont understand why the infection keeps coming back - I never heard of this happening so often before. Has anyone been through this before?

ErinKC
08-12-22, 15:15
I’m sorry you’re going through this! It sounds very stressful. Have they actually tested the bacteria to be sure what it is and what antibiotic will work best? It could just be that the one they are giving you is not quite right or they aren’t giving a long enough course. Maybe you need 10 days v. 7 or whatever they’ve given you. I’d also maybe consider a second opinion at this point.