PDA

View Full Version : How long on omeprazole.

Julesbeachy
09-12-22, 17:41
I have been on mine for 14 years I think. I never knew there were risks have never been told by drs. Never had a review. I have always suffered with acid reflux and it really helps me. I do eat ok. Could be a bit better and cut out trigger foods. I知 48. I知 thinking in the new year I知 going to get myself off these tablets. Re do my diet and get myself off them. I just am scared stiff what damage they have done being on them for so long. I知 in the grip of really bad HA. in the last week I have symptom hopped to around 4 different Illnesses. I知 exhausted and depressed

ServerError
09-12-22, 17:47
Remember, risks are not guaranteed future events. Many people take PPIs long-term without trouble. Also, there are risks associated with untreated acid reflux, so it's about balancing risks and deciding which course of action is likely the better one. You're right that diet can play a part, as can exercise and mental health. Acid reflux is one of those conditions that sufferers often have more control over than they realise. Nevertheless, PPIs are good treatments and sometimes they are just what's needed.

Julesbeachy
11-12-22, 09:50
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I need go keep reminding myself it痴 just a risk. There are risks in every day life. I could have eaten perfectly exercised every day never drank or had never had takeaway and lived a perfectly healthy life. But I still could get breast cancer or get run over. I don稚 worry about that every day.

I知 going to try really hard to stop thinking what if all the time