PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic heartbeats and lightheadedness

countrygirl
24-11-07, 00:05
I have suffered ectopic heartbeats on a daily basis for 20 years and have had numerous 24hr ecgs plus echo and told benign pvc's. Horrible to feel but harmless.
Does anyone else with ectopics ever feel a bit dizzy when they first kick off - you have the flip flopping thumping in chest and that sudden floor comes up to meet you sensation. I can't tell if its the effect of the ectopics although I have had them for so long and don't usually feel lightheaded with them or its just becasue I am fine most of day then they seem to be kicking off late at night or once I am in bed and they seem to be hitting with a vengeance and I feel very panicky as well.

nomorepanic
24-11-07, 00:05
I have moved this to the eptopics forum

Cheers

TracyL
26-11-07, 02:19
I know exactly what you mean, i get the same thing on some occasions. I also wonder sometimes if its the instant panic that kicks in that causes it or whether it is the ectopic! They are awful things to suffer with thats for sure but you're not alone hun, i'm with ya.

Take care
Tracy

cattttt
26-11-07, 04:50
Yes, I get this too, and I've wondered if it was panic linked to the ectopic or maybe a sudden loss of blood to the brain. Don't know the answer to this, but I've had it for years and I'm still here! I also get them at night, or just as I'm going off to sleep-yuk.

cassi23
13-12-07, 12:29
I don't get this as such, but I do get an instant where I feel panicked about what i've just felt. goes once iv told myself it wont harm me though.