PDA

View Full Version : Very very tired

Mrhypo
11-12-22, 12:59
Hi I am 74, retired and I live alone, and I’m not particularly unhappy about that. I’m just incredibly tired almost all the time. Because I don’t have to get up I can spend most of the day in or on my bed, dozing and sometimes falling asleep. When I do get up I often feel dizzy and nauseated. My stools are often urgent and loose. I have a very dry mouth. I also have a cough which I am told is acid reflux. I’ve had just about every blood test known to man. Being a hypochondriac of course (hence my name) I am convinced it is some as yet undiagnosed fatal disease that’s going to see me off soon enough. Is it?

Darksky
11-12-22, 14:02
If you’re having regular blood tests I’m sure they would have picked something up untoward by now. Do your doctors know all your symptoms.

Are you dozing off and on all day and night? Are you getting a good long period of sleep during the night? Eight hours or so? If you’re not sleeping properly for a good long time you are bound to be tired.

Is it lack of iron that makes you tired ? I can’t remember.

peter9
11-12-22, 15:57
im 74 tired all the time but i only sleep about 4 hours a night if lucky,up most mornings 2.30 or 3.30 can never get back sleep,doc say its age,its a long night and day, but walk at 7am 3 miles then at dinner and late afternoon, it gets you down been tired day after day.

ankietyjoe
11-12-22, 17:41
Hi I am 74, retired and I live alone, and I’m not particularly unhappy about that. I’m just incredibly tired almost all the time. Because I don’t have to get up I can spend most of the day in or on my bed, dozing and sometimes falling asleep. When I do get up I often feel dizzy and nauseated. My stools are often urgent and loose. I have a very dry mouth. I also have a cough which I am told is acid reflux. I’ve had just about every blood test known to man. Being a hypochondriac of course (hence my name) I am convinced it is some as yet undiagnosed fatal disease that’s going to see me off soon enough. Is it?

This may be a chicken/egg situation too. Doing nothing is exhausting.

What's your diet like?

Phill2
11-12-22, 18:30
I'm 69 and have much the same problem.
I put it down to boredom.
I have hobbies but where I live it's just too hot to go outside and enjoy them.
I'm actually in the process of applying for jobs just so I will have a reason to get up in the mornings.

NoraB
12-12-22, 07:11

I sleep a lot when I'm depressed. Or just lie there.

I can say, with certainty, that you do have a fatal condition. We all do. It's called life. We're all going to cark it sooner or later. (If we can get our head around this one, HA is less of a problem).

You need to get up and get active, Mr Hypo. I know you say you are ok with your own company, but do you think you would benefit from some joining kind of group? My MIL did a Darby and Joan club thingy, and they did day trips and all sorts. (My personal idea of hell, but she really enjoyed it).

Re your symptoms, you need to be proactive here.

Your stool situation: eat foods which will firm up your poo (bananas, rice, toast etc) and avoid anything spicy, fried or fatty. (But don't go all-in too soon or your colon won't know what's hit it).

You don't happen to eat a lot of sugar-free sweets or gum, do you? (Only the artificial sweeteners can cause loose stools).

Dry mouth? Sip water throughout the day (This symptom often happens because we're dehydrated).

For the acid reflux, raise your bed up on a couple of bricks. (Given that you're spending so much time horizontal)

You've been given all clear physically, but you are sleeping a lot and not doing much, so I'm thinking this is a MH issue.

Have you told your GP that you're sleeping/not doing a lot?