PDA

View Full Version : Voice tells me my mum will die , please help me

lyrody
13-12-22, 07:43
Thanks for clicking in!
One afternoon, about two years ago, when I was staring at my laptop and I heard a voice in my head said "Your mum will die three years later." I swear it's a voice, not my own thought. It really freaked me out.

I almost forgot about it at a later time, but now the deadline is approaching, I'm getting more and more worried about it every day. I tried to comfort myself and divert my attention, but it doesn't work.

I used to have AD and OCD , and was worried about my mum's safety sometimes.But I'm not a schizophrenic, and I've never had a similar auditory hallucination, this is the only time I've ever heard a voice in my head, whichmakes me feel strange. If it's just my subconscious worry, why is the sound so clear and precise.

Besides, I have experienced some small synchronic moments, which strengthened my belief of this kind of magical thought.

Does someone else have a similar experience, please help me
Thanks a lot for your reply.

lyrody
15-12-22, 06:05
Anyone?:weep:

jackieann3
15-12-22, 08:22
Hello just see this, i have had the same for years so I know how it's feels, I have it about all different people even my mums dog once ,but nothing ever happens its just intrusive thoughts us anxiety people have to put up with so when I get any thoughts like that now I take no notice because it goes out my head as quick as it come,but when I first got a thought like that I thought what the hell made me think of that but now I know it was just an intrusive thought , I think its because its all things we fear subconsciously , but i do understand how worrying theses thoughts are but thats all they are, I'm sure when this deadline comes and goes you will feel better, also perhaps get some help with cbt ,it really helped me x

lyrody
15-12-22, 09:02
Thanks for your reply, you are so kind.

I often have intrusive thoughts about scared things, but this was the only time I could hear it like an actual voice, not a thought. It felt like I was receiving it, don't know how this happened.
I googled it and found that many people predicted their future by hearing voice. That's so terrifying!
Thanks for your advice of CBT, I will try it.

jackieann3
15-12-22, 23:02
Yes it can sound like a normal voice talking and saying things to you I have the same it is a voice but its a thought and I hear it as if someone actually said it ,I know exactly what you mean I've been having this for years, no on can predict the future I wouldn't take any notice of Google really im sure if you try and ignore it if you get it again it won't happen again or not as much ,thats what I didn't and hardly get anything like that now ,hope it helps knowing someone else has had this , take carex

lyrody
16-12-22, 01:48
Thank you so much!It helps a lot,otherwise I don't know how long I'll keep in fear.
I'm sorry there is one last question.I've seen many people have auditory hallucination in sleep,but is it normal hearing this kind of voice when I'm awake.

jackieann3
16-12-22, 10:21
I've never had anything like thatwhen your asleep but definitely when your awake and doing every day things ,that's when I get it but not when I'm asleep, hope this helps x