PDA

View Full Version : Lingering Anxiety

Alexandrew116
13-12-22, 20:26
Hey y'all, this might be a lengthy post but it's kind of an update and request for help. So these past few months I've been to a doctor, like face to face, talked with him about my fears. Told him about my fear of colon cancer, explained what happened to me a while back and essentially I got cleared. Even got some blood work done as well and I got a clean bill of health. Was good for a while afterwards but now it's just I'm so worried about my breathing. It's like I'm back to fearing lung cancer and I'm always so overly conscious of what my breathing is like. Sometimes I wake up with a shot of adrenaline feeling like I can't catch my breath with shakes and my heart pounding. Got bad one time and I actually called the EMTs. They came while I was coming down and measured my oxygen. Oxygen was at 98%. Surely I can't have a lung issue feeling like I can't breath with oxygen levels that high but it's like I can't get past this. It's always this fear I come back to. Mind you I exercise as well, with a minute of jump rope, 20 curls, 20 squats, 20 shoulder presses and do a rep every hour cause of time restraints and family time, I tend to recover pretty quickly. But something tells me I have asthma, lung cancer, copd etc. How do I get past this ?

lyrody
14-12-22, 14:26
I was same, actually, you're just anxious.
If you take a physical examination of your lungs and find it okay, perhaps you will have some new symptoms, like stomachache...
Stop worrying about it from now on, or you can have a complete medical checkup then stop thinking about it.