PDA

View Full Version : Allergic reaction

Panda22
17-12-22, 12:54
Over the past few days i've had 2 'allergic reactions', i think hives is what it's called. I get red itchy spots all over my chest and arms, and also my upper lip got a bit swollen. Both times i went to the doctor who checked me and said it's hives and told me to take a medication whenever i get it. Also 2 days ago i started having fever (39,3 C) and yesterday (38C) today the fever is gone thankfully. I just feel super weak. Even going for a walk takes a lot of effort.

My main concern is i'm terrified my hives reaction will turn into my throat closing and me not being able to breath, or a full on allergic shock or something. I'm too afraid to google so i'm not even sure if this is possible. I keep checking my breathing which makes me breathe abnormally.

ErinKC
17-12-22, 20:02
Have you figured out any food or anything else that may have caused it? If you have a fever it could just be viral. Hives aren’t that uncommon with viruses. That would also explain feeling kind of off. Rest, drink lots of water, and see how you do in the next few days.

If it keeps happening consider going for allergy testing to see if you’ve developed a new allergy.

Panda22
17-12-22, 20:32
I have no idea what caused it as i didn't eat any new foods or anything. Today i didn't have any hives or fever, but still feeling really weak. Even a small walk has me out of breath, and just a few days ago i was in the gym doing cardio completely fine..

ErinKC
17-12-22, 22:02
Have you tested for Covid? Sometimes it has odd symptoms like rash. I would guess you’re just fighting off a virus. My daughter broke out in hives last year when she had a virus.

jules321
19-12-22, 06:13
Have you had covid in the past? Some are having histamine issues long after covid. You might want to ask your doc about it.

Panda22
19-12-22, 14:32
I just did a covid test and it's negative thankfully. Have a doctor appointment in an hour hopefully everything ok