PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please give me advice?

Panda22
19-12-22, 19:16
I've been feeling shortness of breath for 2 days now, it feels like i can't take in a full breath. I went to the doctor today who checked everything and said it's probably an infection, and maybe also some muscle tension. I had 39,3C fever 4 days ago, but for the last few days the fever/flu feeling is completely gone. I also did a covid test today which was negative thankfully.

The only thing that's really bothering me is the shortness of breath feeling. Everything feels tight and i can't breathe how i used to. My doctor told me to take it easy and that nothing bad can happen, and in a few days i should be fine. But this out of breath feeling is so annoying and kind of scary. When i lay down i notice it a little less, so i'm just laying in bed all day...

Had anyone else had this???

ankietyjoe
19-12-22, 20:02
I've been feeling shortness of breath for 2 days now, it feels like i can't take in a full breath. I went to the doctor today who checked everything and said it's probably an infection, and maybe also some muscle tension. I had 39,3C fever 4 days ago, but for the last few days the fever/flu feeling is completely gone. I also did a covid test today which was negative thankfully.

The only thing that's really bothering me is the shortness of breath feeling. Everything feels tight and i can't breathe how i used to. My doctor told me to take it easy and that nothing bad can happen, and in a few days i should be fine. But this out of breath feeling is so annoying and kind of scary. When i lay down i notice it a little less, so i'm just laying in bed all day...

Had anyone else had this???

It's very common with anxiety and stress, i've had it on and off for years.

Your Doctor is right, you need to relax. It's important to not try and keep taking deep breaths too, and make sure you're breathing through your nose too. Mouth breathing makes it worse.

There are plenty of videos on youtube showing how to breathe via your diaphragm and through your nose.

serith
20-12-22, 01:44
Don't focus on it, try to relax, do whatever anxiety techniques work for you. Don't even think about your breathing thing again. If you really have some serious problem, it'll make itself obvious. So there's no need to focus and stress about how your body is functioning. Your body is doing its job, you don't have to throw your anxiety in to gum up the works.