PDA

View Full Version : Support Please! Concussion or Anxiety

Lizzy84
20-12-22, 21:59
I've been really struggling the past two days. I had a slight headache on Saturday, and stupidly did a forward roll on a spring floor at my daughter's gymnastics party. I was in jeans and didn't get as close to the floor as I usually do before rolling onto my head.

The headache got much worse after the roll, and it lasted until the next morning. Since then, I haven't felt like myself. I don't have a headache, but I'm feeling off and not like myself. I'm terrified I've suffered a concussion ... but doing a forward roll on a soft surface should be pretty low risk, right?

Then the next day (Sunday), I took my German Shepard dog on a walk. She saw a squirrel and pulled me pretty hard. I'm scared that her pulling me could have aggravated a brain injury or caused a second concussion.

So now, I'm terrified that I either have one or two concussions. Is this possible or is it more probable that me feeling off is anxiety-related. I do have a fear of brain injury, but this feels so real.

BlueIris
21-12-22, 05:59
It's anxiety related, promise. If you have a tension headache, worrying is only going to aggravate it. HA always feels real, that's how it gets us.

Lizzy84
21-12-22, 17:38
Thank you so much for your reply. It's so hard to tell if symptoms are anxiety-related or an actual physical issue.

serith
23-12-22, 01:29
I don't see how a dog pulling hard on your body could cause a concussion. Also, even if you had a concussion (not saying you do, I don't see any evidence that would suggest it...), but just IF, is it really such a terrible thing? If it was last Saturday, you already know your brain is not swelling and you're not going to die imminently. It would have happened already. So, I mean, of course it's not great to have a concussion, but plenty of people have them and survive them.