PDA

View Full Version : Compliments box; post your daily gratitudes

Lencoboy
21-12-22, 11:04
Here is a sister thread to 'Complaints box; post your daily moans', as I thought I would start a 'polar opposite' one, hence the title.

Although it was yesterday (Tuesday 20th December), my biggest gratitude ATM goes to my current day centre, which closed a week early for the Christmas break, due to an unlucky epidemic of Covid cases there among both staff and clients, and yesterday afternoon my keyworker kindly hand-delivered some letters/paperwork straight to me at home and knocked on our front door.

I was really touched by that, especially as such a thing would have been unthinkable at my previous day centre where the rigid rules of Staffs CC back then strictly forbade staff and clients from meeting/communicating with each other off day centre premises outside of normal day service hours.

I guess even at my current day centre it's probably still not normally 'the done thing', but they seem to be more flexible and have less 'black-and-white' attitudes than the older establishments.

pulisa
21-12-22, 12:07
What a great idea for a thread, Lenco and how welcoming a bit of kindness/thoughtfulness can be when there's so much complaining and whingeing going on in the world.

BlueIris
21-12-22, 12:49
Last week, a bus driver who'd technically just passed the stop but was stuck in traffic opened the doors for me. So grateful to him - it meant I wasn't stuck out in sub-zero temperatures for a quarter hour.

Lencoboy
21-12-22, 13:03
What a great idea for a thread, Lenco and how welcoming a bit of kindness/thoughtfulness can be when there's so much complaining and whingeing going on in the world.

You're very welcome, Pulisa.

It shows that the staff at my day centre actually care enough about their clients to go out of their way to deliver paperwork, etc to them and inadvertently use more fuel at the same time which of course currently costs a bomb, as you and everyone else on here already knows full well.

Certain staff members at my previous day centre probably would never have been seen dead doing such a thing, especially those in the 'do everything by the book' jobsworth camp, who would probably also be downing tools by now, or at least contemplating it.

But 100% kudos to the staff at where I currently attend for going out of their way in chaotic situations like the present, despite their likely being paid a pittance too, but seem to be doing their jobs more in the interests of humanity in general, rather than purely for money.

Carnation
21-12-22, 13:25
This is definitely one of your best threads Lencoboy :yesyes:

I'm grateful for a kind person in the neighbourhood for offer to post my Christmas cards when I was laid up in bed with a virus.

Lencoboy
21-12-22, 15:44
I'm grateful for a kind person in the neighbourhood for offer to post my Christmas cards when I was laid up in bed with a virus.

When was that, if you don't mind me asking?

Hopefully it's not right now, and if so, I would like to wish you a speedy recovery.

Carnation
21-12-22, 16:58
It was a couple of weeks ago lencoboy. Thank you for kind message, much appreciated.

Lencoboy
21-12-22, 21:40
It was a couple of weeks ago lencoboy. Thank you for kind message, much appreciated.

You're very welcome, Carnation.

Contrary to popular belief, there's still far more decent people in the world than not.

Scass
21-12-22, 21:47
This is a nice thread.
I’m grateful for Argentina winning the World Cup so I could win £80.

Carnation
21-12-22, 23:32
Way to go Scass :yesyes:

pulisa
22-12-22, 08:29
What a wonderful bonus for Xmas! Well done, Scass.

I'm grateful that I was offered a Covid booster jab in October.

Lencoboy
22-12-22, 09:12
What a wonderful bonus for Xmas! Well done, Scass.

I'm grateful that I was offered a Covid booster jab in October.

Which should hopefully contribute to your current infection being even milder.

BlueIris
23-12-22, 14:07
Nipped into Iceland to buy some Pepsi Max whilst waiting for the bus today. A lovely lady with a basket of shopping let me go in front of her. Small kindnesses like this make the world go round.

Carnation
23-12-22, 17:00
They certainly do BlueIris. I always let someone with one or two items go before me. I especially like the smile I get in return. :)

BlueIris
23-12-22, 17:38
You're a gold soul, Carnation.

I also took a necklace for my favourite market stallholder, and got a hug (and some treats) in return.

Carnation
23-12-22, 18:56
Aww that's a lovely thing to do and a very lucky recipient.

Lencoboy
23-12-22, 20:51
Nipped into Iceland to buy some Pepsi Max whilst waiting for the bus today. A lovely lady with a basket of shopping let me go in front of her. Small kindnesses like this make the world go round.

Very nice for you BI.

Quite a few people have done me that favour in supermarkets on occasions too, which I was very grateful for.

Scass
24-12-22, 20:13
They certainly do BlueIris. I always let someone with one or two items go before me. I especially like the smile I get in return. :)

I let someone go in front of me today, but only because he muttered a swear word at the size of the queue, and I wanted to make him realise how rude he was [emoji1787]

Carnation
24-12-22, 20:51
Good move Scass :winks:

BlueIris
24-12-22, 20:54
Kill the buggers with kindness, yes.

MyNameIsTerry
24-12-22, 21:43
I let someone go in front of me today, but only because he muttered a swear word at the size of the queue, and I wanted to make him realise how rude he was [emoji1787]

Then he gets to the till and wants...a scratchcard, cashback and whips out several items he wants exchanging and refunded. He even cuts Scass up on the car park in the way out!

Tut!

Lencoboy
25-12-22, 11:58

I would have felt very tempted do the complete opposite and tell that ignorant geezer to go to the very back of the queue until he remembered his manners in a public place especially where there may have been impressionable young children present, but on the other hand hearing a total stranger dropping a swear bomb is obviously by far the lesser evil than ending with a knuckle sarnie and inadvertently spending Christmas in hospital, while the sweary geezer is probably out pubbing it, if not (yet) done for physical assault, that is!

MyNameIsTerry
28-12-22, 00:26
All you guys on here https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/hug/t4624.gif

(Too cheesy? :biggrin:)