PDA

View Full Version : Cistern block and bleach , have I caused a toxic gas?

Cannotstopworrying
23-12-22, 12:10
I have W5 cistern blocks from Lidl which turn the water blue and have bleached the toilets.

I have only just thought this might be a bad idea mixing the chemicals, will it haved caused a toxic gas?

These are the blocks: https://daily4baby.com/products/w5-in-cistern-3-blocks-green-water

I have thrown the packaging unfortunately

ankietyjoe
23-12-22, 12:47
I have only just thought this might be a bad idea mixing the chemicals, will it haved caused a toxic gas?

Only if you live in a cartoon.

Relax.

Pamplemousse
23-12-22, 14:26
The usual recipe for causing gas release from bleach is when something acidic comes into contact with the bleach. Urine can do this too - I flush toilets before I use them, especially if I can smell bleach about.

The gas is evolved quite rapidly so if it was going to happen, it already would have - don't ask me how I know.

Looking at the SDS for a similar product, no mention is made of adverse reactions with other chemicals but at least now you'll know not to mix toilet cleaners!

ErinKC
23-12-22, 18:28
Agree with pamplemousse. The big issue is if you clean with vinegar and bleach. I think you’ll be fine and if anything was to come of it it would have happened already.

serith
23-12-22, 18:32
If you're worried about it, just open all the windows. Common sense solution. If you can't see or smell anything, why worry?