PDA

View Full Version : Worried about getting a veruca on my face

JustBenn
23-12-22, 20:12
Hi all, firstly a merry Christmas to you all

I have had a veruka on my foot for years probably caught it in the steam room a few years ago, and I’ve been suffering with a runny nose from a cold for couple days, and keep a hanky next to me for when I need to wipe trying to sleep

I’ve also got the chills so have been wearing socks to bed, I got really hot in the middle of the night so took it off and left it on the bed next to me and went back to sleep, few hours later I needed to wipe my nose and grabbed what I thought was my hanky but accidentally wiped my nose and drool with my socks 😅😂

I’ve heard warts/veruca can spread to other parts of the body and can take months to appear so I’m worried I’ll get it on my lips or face now

Can you please help, many thanks

ankietyjoe
24-12-22, 09:56
Do you have a veruca on your face now?

JustBenn
24-12-22, 15:11
No clear

ankietyjoe
24-12-22, 18:11
No clear

Then worry about it when it happens.

'But I can't'

Try harder.

JustBenn
24-12-22, 21:20
What if?

Will it keep coming back like a cold sore every other year

Apple81
25-12-22, 08:00
Warts, verrucas and cold sores are all different things - once a verruca’s gone/been removed it’s usually gone for good. Cold sores will come back because the virus doesn’t leave the body (in so far as I understand it). Like the reply says above - worry about it IF it happens. I would have said it’s very unlikely to but IF it does it’s easily treatable and isn’t going to do you any physical harm. The issue here is the HA. Try and relax - eat a shedload of mince pies - and perhaps think about getting the original verruca removed in the new year if it’s bothering you.

ankietyjoe
25-12-22, 17:10
What if?

Will it keep coming back like a cold sore every other year

What if what?

How can something you don't have keep coming back? It hasn't even come yet.

ErinKC
25-12-22, 18:15
I had some on my feet for years as well and was never particularly careful about them and they never spread anywhere else. You also said you've had this for years and it's never spread anywhere else on your body. You could have them removed or try a home remedy. Incidentally, I had some in high school that cleared up after a trip to Hawaii where my feet were in the very salty pacific ocean.