PDA

View Full Version : Obsessing Over Blood-Sugar and Diabetes

Elfking
24-12-22, 18:55
I'm certainly not new to health anxiety. Recently it has been one thing after another and it's driving me mad.

My current anxiety is about my blood sugar level. This has been a concern before and I actually previously went out and bought an at home checker (with the lancet to prick your finger and the electronic reader). When I woke up today and just before I ate my blood sugar was at 5.4 which is the very top end of "normal", another 0.1 and I would be in pre-diabetes according to DiabetesUK. The reason I've been checking and have been nervous is that I've been obsessing over my drinking habits recently, not alcohol but just how much liquid I've been drinking and how thirsty I've been since I know these can be linked to diabetes.

I honestly can't tell how much my concerns are legitimate versus how much I'm blowing them out of proportion. Is this something I should be worried about?

Magic
24-12-22, 19:38
Hi Elfking, I think 5.4 is not to bad, I am about the same, I have sugar free stuff (biscuits and some chocolate ) I have water to drink but not a lot.
I have regular check ups urine samles to GPs now and then. Hope you go on ok,I know it is difficult if you have anxiety. Try not to worry so much.