PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat on and off for a month

ErinKC
26-12-22, 15:34
Has anyone had a sore throat come and go for weeks? It’s been since I had the flu a month ago. It’ll be ok for a few days and then come back full force. My doctor told me a week or so ago to just keep drinking fluids and try nasal irrigation for post nasal. I hate doing that because I have an irrational fear of brain eating amoebas 😭. Now I’m stressed it’s bacterial and will get worse and worse and the office is closed today.

Has anyone has this with the flu this year? Any other tricks for post nasal drip that don’t involve pouring water through my sinuses? Thanks!

ankietyjoe
26-12-22, 16:27
Has anyone had a sore throat come and go for weeks? It’s been since I had the flu a month ago. It’ll be ok for a few days and then come back full force. My doctor told me a week or so ago to just keep drinking fluids and try nasal irrigation for post nasal. I hate doing that because I have an irrational fear of brain eating amoebas 😭. Now I’m stressed it’s bacterial and will get worse and worse and the office is closed today.

Has anyone has this with the flu this year? Any other tricks for post nasal drip that don’t involve pouring water through my sinuses? Thanks!

PND can cause sore throat for ages.

If you don't want to use irrigation, you can buy sterile saline sprays on places like Amazon to keep things clearer. I use them all the time, never had an issue. I just wash the nozzle after each use.

anxious_thoughts
28-12-22, 00:04

I’m sorry you’re going through this. But I totally get it! Been having post nasal drip since January after I got COVID. I’ve tried nasal sprays and nasal rinses as well. I know you don’t enjoy it, but the nasal rinses have worked wonders. Just make sure you use distilled water!

As for other things, I have a humidifier going on in my room very often. I also make sure to drink lots of water as it helps to thin out the mucus. I bought this Vicks facial steamer that I sometimes use as well. My doctor prescribed me another nasal spray that has steroids and mentioned that it should work but I haven’t picked it up yet.