PDA

View Full Version : Blech, got Covid again

BlueIris
27-12-22, 20:16
Pity me?

Pamplemousse
27-12-22, 20:59
Indeed - it doesn't seem five minutes since you last had it, or is Father Time playing tricks on me again?

Hope you get well soon, BI.

BlueIris
27-12-22, 21:04
Thanks, PM. Last time was last February, so it could be worse.

Carnation
27-12-22, 22:13
Nooooo. Sending you (hugs)

Catkins
28-12-22, 06:29
Oh hell! Hopefully it'll be mild again and you'll not fair too badly.

BlueIris
28-12-22, 07:46
Thanks all. So far it's worse than last time but not unbearable.

pulisa
28-12-22, 08:05
I'm sorry, Blue. I'm on day 8 now and haven't found it at all "mild".

BlueIris
28-12-22, 08:24
I can't get past how exhausted I am.

NoraB
28-12-22, 08:31
Sorry to hear COVID is blasting you again, Blue..

Mr Batty had COVID before Christmas. I started with similar symptoms the next day, but tested negative twice,. Everything hurts, including both sides of my neck, and I've spent the majority of the last 2 weeks in bed, so it must be flu what I've got (still have it).:shrug:

I'm still not vaccinated either (through circumstance, not choice) and my immune system appears to be on the floor as I've been ill for the last five weeks with some virus or another. :weep: (pity me too?)

I can still get jabbed now, can't I?

BlueIris
28-12-22, 08:58
Oh, Nora, I'm so sorry! That sounds wretched!

NoraB
28-12-22, 09:07
Oh, Nora, I'm so sorry! That sounds wretched!

Stunned that it's not COVID tbh. Similar symptoms as Mr Batty but the test kept saying no. :shrug:

BlueIris
28-12-22, 09:13
I think some of the tests are elderly and dodgy, tbh. I have the exact same symptoms as a bunch of people I know but only I tested positive.

Lencoboy
28-12-22, 09:15
Wishing you a speedy recovery BI.

BlueIris
28-12-22, 09:40
Thank you, Lenco.

Carnation
28-12-22, 10:30
(Hugs) for pulisa and nora too. I thought the forum was quiet.

I'm still not 100% after a flu / virus whatever it is from 4 weeks ago but my worst part was the first two weeks.
I think it takes weeks for the body to recover fully.

BlueIris, just rest up, plenty of fluids and napping. x

Lencoboy
28-12-22, 16:18
A friend of my dad's was speaking to him on the phone in the car today when we drove over to visit my brother and they said that they tested positive for Covid last week but they also reckon that the LFT devices don't always tell the truth, in the sense of false Covid positives if they may actually have just an ordinary cold or flu, which they reckon they actually had, but sometimes the opposite (false negatives).

So there's probably a fair bit of confusion right now in that sense, where the lines between Covid and all the other old chestnuts that have seen a bit of a mass resurgence this season, have become increasingly blurred.

The current epidemic of infections with the other 'old chestnuts' is largely believed to be a consequence of the so-called 'immunity debt'.

BlueIris
28-12-22, 16:43
I think that's pretty plausible, Lenco.

I assumed I just had a normal virus for a bit; only did the LFT on impulse because the overwhelming dizziness and brain zaps aren't my norm with colds or flu.

Catkins
28-12-22, 17:31
I'm sorry, Blue. I'm on day 8 now and haven't found it at all "mild".
It's so difficult to predict how it's going to effect each individual person, my boss had it last week, she thought she had flu, then a few days later tested positive. She completely lost 2 days, she can't remember a thing.

pulisa
28-12-22, 17:59
I had a very thick black line still on day 6..It's faded a bit now. I've used the throat swab elderly tests throughout..only just done a nasal swab each time. From my experience it would be hard to get a false positive.

fishman65
28-12-22, 19:25
The main difference I felt between Covid and Flu was Covid starts slowly. It was hot eyes and a mild headache, then gradually tiredness, loss of taste etc. Whereas Flu hits fast, I go from fine to shivering/sweating in bed within a short space of time. I wish everyone a speedy recovery.

Scass
28-12-22, 21:13
Oh you poor things, hope you’re all feeling very better soon x

MyNameIsTerry
29-12-22, 00:53
Sadly part of working in educational institutions eh Blue? Breeding grounds for viruses.

Getting better soon. Maybe Mr Blue will treat you to some of that soup you love?

You too, Nora & pulisa.

:hugs:

NoraB
29-12-22, 06:39
No matter how many times I read this thread title, I see 'belch'. :shrug:

My brain is weird..

Started sneezing aggressively again yesterday. (Not ideal when you have a weakened pelvic floor). :scared15:

Starting to wonder if my bedside table will ever be free of Aloe Vera bog roll, Eucalyptus oil, and throat lozenges... :unsure:

BlueIris
29-12-22, 07:57
I just want to stop dry heaving, Nora. Also for the younger cat to stop playing everything is lava.

NoraB
30-12-22, 08:21
I just want to stop dry heaving, Nora. Also for the younger cat to stop playing everything is lava.

The heaves are awful. (I had this all through my breakdown).

Sympathies for the cat probs too. My puppeh is chewing everything, including me.

In better news, she now scratches the door to go out for a wee! (House training 99% complete).

We took her for her first walk yesterday and now I am rethinking the logic in me, a social phobic lunatic with communication issues, having a cute little puppy who everyone wants to stroke. :huh: (Our other pooch was also cute but a bit crackers so people used to give her a wide birth).

Hope you start to feel better soon, Blue. I still have symptoms, and last night I was on the painkillers again because my body felt like it had been run over by a tractor, but there are improvements elsewhere so I think I am on my way back to my norm of 'incredibly crap' as opposed to kill-me-now, crap. :yesyes:

BlueIris
30-12-22, 09:16
Not many symptoms left now other than the overwhelming tiredness, Nora. Planning on cooking today, as Mr Iris got me a rice cooker and I'm dying to try it.

Glad you're feeling better, and sorry about the puppy chewing.

I found out yesterday that Princess Kitten has been wiping her face on the toothbrushes. Eww.

Lencoboy
30-12-22, 09:51
Nice to hear you're on the mend a bit now BI.

Ditto for Nora, Pulisa and others.