PDA

View Full Version : hilariously innocent things that have made me think I had cancer

serith
29-12-22, 13:31
symptom:
~a feeling of pressure/swelling on both sides of my neck
actual cause:
~lifting weights

symptom:
~eye twitch for 2 weeks
actual cause:
~probably just stress/ lack of sleep

symptom:
~cough after eating for almost 3 years now
actual cause:
~possibly drinking really strong coffee that relaxes esophageal sphincter ? / or just nothing at all? / or weight lifting which puts pressure on esophageal sphincter?

(this is the funniest one)--
symptom:
~weird grayish splotch across my neck for 6 months (right under my jaw)
actual cause:
~not being able to wash properly due to using cold water in a bucket shower - went away as soon as I scrubbed it with a loofa :roflmao:

symptom:
~localized dull pain in lower left groin area - transvag US said on the screen "m1, m2" which I assumed meant it was cancer & totally freaked out
actual cause:
~complex cyst in left ovary -"nothing to worry about" - although I will still get it rechecked within in the year i think?

symptom:
~intermittent burning in stomach / cramps the day after hard exercise for the past 3 months
actual cause:
~I still don't know and I am going to the doctor about it, but I'm successfully managing to not freak out about it and I've decided it's definitely not cancer :)

What are yours???

ckelley116
29-12-22, 17:21
symptom:
~pressure in my head that made it feel like I had a stack of books on my skull like I was practicing for a beauty pageant or a debutante ball.
~the sensation that my eyes were slow to catch up to my brain when I looked at something
~perceived weakness/trembling in my legs
actual cause:
allergies, exacerbated by anxiety. Symptoms went away as soon as I started taking Flonase.

symptom:
~mild whistling noise on inhale through my mouth
~coughing fit after eating a pint (!) of ice cream
actual cause:
allergies, with perhaps a touch of reactive airway disease. More Flonase, and I eased up on the ice cream.

symptom:
~persistent dull ache in my left leg, along the inside of my shin below the knee. Going on 7 months.
actual cause:
Don't know, but I'd be lying if I said bone/soft tissue cancer didn't enter my mind on occasion. Realistically, it's probably postural, and/or related to a weak core from sitting all day for work. My annual physical is due soon so I'll be bringing it up then.