PDA

View Full Version : neil possibly needing surgery...

joelhall
24-11-07, 13:48
hey guys.

yesterday i was told that my youngest son neil (coming up to 10 months old) has a retracile testicle which wont drop. hes been referred to a urologist and he may need surgery. has anyone any sons whove had this operation or know anything about northampton general hospital? obviously im worried about hygeine there and the risk of infection, but also safety and recovery from it and whether theres anything i should know about this operation.

ive already asked mary about some of this and she was very helpful:) but just wondered if anyone else has been in the same boat? just one of those anxious parents im afraid:huh: :blush:

joelhall
25-11-07, 18:01
anyone?

cattttt
26-11-07, 03:38
I have no idea about this particular op, or about Northampton hospital, but I do know that hospitals are very careful about infections and safety so you have very little to worry about on that score. I work in a hospital and the procedures we have to go through for hygiene and safety are mind boggling!

geordie flower
26-11-07, 14:11
Hiya, my nephew had this operation done when he was about 1 year old it really is very common but that still doesnt stop you worrying i know. You can stay with him right up until they give him the anaesthetic so you are the last person he says before he goes to sleep and they let you be there for him waking up. After the op they just tell you to keep him in loose fitting bottom and for him not to climb or jump around which is easier said than done with a 1 year old! I hope this helps abit love tracey x