PDA

View Full Version : Stomach cancer fears

Inspector javert
29-12-22, 23:55
A few years ago my uncle died of strep Mach cancer. He had been feeling sick and went to the doctor, they examined him and diagnosed him and within a month he was dead.

Lately I’ve had some pain in my side and various parts of my stomach. I’ve also lost weight (at least my parents think so) and had more stomach ache’s lately (at least that’s what it feels like).

I recently recovered from a stomach bug that kept me from eating anything for the better part of a day and a half so I think that can account for the weight loss but the pain in my right side preceded the bug so I have n idea what to think.

I’m almost afraid to go to the doctor seeing how quickly after seeing one my uncle died and at the same time I’m not sure my symptoms really merit a doctor visit, plus I have precious little time to see a doctor thanks to my work schedule.

I know I’m being irrational and I’m tired of being worried all the time still it s a fear that I can’t seem to conquer.

Oh and all my cds are virtual now so if I DO die they’ll be put on a thumb drive and buried with me so NO ONE can have them 🙂

rc906
30-12-22, 00:23
Sorry to hear about your uncle (edited my comment because I didn't read this correctly).

I'm not a doctor but nothing you're saying sounds concerning to me. Sounds to me like you're eating stuff that doesn't agree with you.

NoraB
30-12-22, 08:50
Lately I’ve had some pain in my side and various parts of my stomach. I’ve also lost weight (at least my parents think so) and had more stomach ache’s lately (at least that’s what it feels like).

In that case, I have cancer too. (Since 1975)

I recently recovered from a stomach bug that kept me from eating anything for the better part of a day and a half so I think that can account for the weight loss

Cause and effect, right here. (You'll soon make that weight loss up, unless you carry on scaring yourself - in which case, you will most likely lose some more)

99% of my IBS pain is on the right side. (Try drinking peppermint tea)

I’m almost afraid to go to the doctor seeing how quickly after seeing one my uncle died and at the same time I’m not sure my symptoms really merit a doctor visit, plus I have precious little time to see a doctor thanks to my work schedule.

Your uncle didn't die because he went to see his GP...

I know I’m being irrational and I’m tired of being worried all the time still it s a fear that I can’t seem to conquer.

If I can conquer health anxiety, pretty much anyone can. (I got 99 problems but HA ain't one)

If you're tired, irrational, and living in fear - do the work.

What are you doing proactively to address your health anxiety?

Oh and all my cds are virtual now so if I DO die they’ll be put on a thumb drive and buried with me so NO ONE can have them 

!. You are going to die. (That's the only certainty in life).
2. What's that sound? It's the bleep of a metal detector being guided around your resting place. (Muhahahaha!) :yesyes: