PDA

View Full Version : Infections - worried about my immune system

shotta287
30-12-22, 20:20
A few weeks ago I was feeling run down and had some worries on my mind and I got these weird ulcers on one of my gums. Dentist said it could be an infection but didn’t give any antibiotics. After a week it healed up thankfully.

Last week I came down with a cold/flu which I’m still fighting off. I don’t usually get colds or flu so it is worrying me.

I find it a bit unusual how thats now 2 illnesses in recent weeks. It has triggered my HA as you have probably guessed.

Catkins
31-12-22, 06:56
There's an awful lot of things going around at the moment and I think due to the separation over the last 2 1/2 years we are all a bit more susceptible to picking things up. Try not to dwell on it.

Carnation
31-12-22, 10:00
Catkins is right and it's not been the greatest of weather the last month.
The body has great power in healing and you can help it with resting and relaxing.

shotta287
31-12-22, 10:49
Thanks and yes It’s been awful weather lately and a lot of people are sick.

I just can’t help fearing the worst though. I keep seeing the C word everywhere which isn’t helping either.

ankietyjoe
31-12-22, 12:36
I keep seeing the C word everywhere which isn’t helping either.

Where do you keep seeing it?

ErinKC
31-12-22, 16:37
A few weeks ago I was feeling run down and had some worries on my mind and I got these weird ulcers on one of my gums. Dentist said it could be an infection but didn’t give any antibiotics. After a week it healed up thankfully.

Last week I came down with a cold/flu which I’m still fighting off. I don’t usually get colds or flu so it is worrying me.

I find it a bit unusual how thats now 2 illnesses in recent weeks. It has triggered my HA as you have probably guessed.

This all seems extremely normal. You had an infection or maybe just some canker sores in your mouth that resolved quickly and then a cold or flu. It took me almost a month to fully recovery from the flu this year. My daughter has had 9 viruses this season. If you're recovering on your own you're fine.

shotta287
02-01-23, 11:18
Thanks i really appreciate the reassurance. Feeling better but not 100% yet.