PDA

View Full Version : Dentist/tooth question

ErinKC
30-12-22, 21:47
Last month I had a root canal through an existing crown. All went well. Yesterday I went for the permanent filling at my regular dentist. While she was removing the temporary filling she pulled the crown off. She filled the root canal, scrapped the extra cement out of the crown, and cemented it back on. It had to be filed down and adjusted quite a bit before it felt right again.

Two questions:

1. Have others had a similar situation and your existing crown held up fine? I’m wondering if it would be better to get a new crown since this one has taken a beating and I don’t want to end up with more decay/infection and lose the tooth. This crown is 8 years old. I’m almost 40 so if I got a new one it would hopefully hold up into my 60s so seems worth it maybe even with the cost.

2. Since the procedure I’ve had a bad/bitter taste in my mouth. I’m guessing it’s residual from the cement or maybe from kicking up some plaque when she pulled off the crown. Anyone else have this? I’m hoping it fades in the next few days but just looking for similar experiences to make sure it’s normal.

Thanks!