PDA

View Full Version : Spriling Bad

always scared
03-01-23, 21:07
I'm spirling bad. I feel like one symptom away from a total meltdown that I will never recover from. The constant worrying about having cancer is killing me. Every symptom has to be cancer and nothing else 😭 Just in one week, I've gone from ovarian cancer to now rectum cancer. Bad eating over the Christmas holidays has given me an awful stomach flare up and I'm running to the toilet every time I eat. Now am seeing blood when I wipe and I'm freaking out. I swear it has to be cancer of my rectum. I have never gone for a colonoscopy EVER and I'm in my 50s

ErinKC
04-01-23, 03:29
I'm spirling bad. I feel like one symptom away from a total meltdown that I will never recover from. The constant worrying about having cancer is killing me. Every symptom has to be cancer and nothing else 😭 Just in one week, I've gone from ovarian cancer to now rectum cancer. Bad eating over the Christmas holidays has given me an awful stomach flare up and I'm running to the toilet every time I eat. Now am seeing blood when I wipe and I'm freaking out. I swear it has to be cancer of my rectum. I have never gone for a colonoscopy EVER and I'm in my 50s

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. The fact that you know you're spiraling means you know somewhere deep down this is anxiety and not really cancer. You even explain it yourself that you ate poorly over Christmas and that's caused you're upset stomach... then you've been running to that bathroom constantly, which would be causing the irritation and bleeding. So, you are able to identify the logical reasons for all your problems.

It's so hard to pull out of these moments, but you can do it! Book an appointment for a routine colonoscopy and then you can set your mind at ease. I'll say, my dad is 70 and he's never had a colonoscopy, which I think is really silly because it's a great, preventative test. But you aren't going to get cancer just because you've not gotten one yet. Some countries don't recommend colonoscopies until 50. So, just go get that done. You'll be fine!

always scared
05-01-23, 05:25
Thank you ErinKC (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?79066-ErinKC)
for your comforting words. Thinking a little clearer today. This battle in my brain everyday is so exhausting.

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. The fact that you know you're spiraling means you know somewhere deep down this is anxiety and not really cancer. You even explain it yourself that you ate poorly over Christmas and that's caused you're upset stomach... then you've been running to that bathroom constantly, which would be causing the irritation and bleeding. So, you are able to identify the logical reasons for all your problems.

It's so hard to pull out of these moments, but you can do it! Book an appointment for a routine colonoscopy and then you can set your mind at ease. I'll say, my dad is 70 and he's never had a colonoscopy, which I think is really silly because it's a great, preventative test. But you aren't going to get cancer just because you've not gotten one yet. Some countries don't recommend colonoscopies until 50. So, just go get that done. You'll be fine!