PDA

View Full Version : How to stop worrying about your health

skippy66
05-01-23, 16:36
Worrying about your health is a natural and normal concern, but if it is causing you significant distress or impacting your daily life, it may be helpful to try some strategies to manage your worry. Here are a few suggestions that may be helpful:

Get regular check-ups and screenings: Seeing a healthcare professional regularly can help you stay on top of your health and address any concerns you may have.

Practice stress-reduction techniques: Stress can worsen health anxiety. Try activities such as deep breathing, meditation, or yoga to help manage stress.

Seek support: Talk to a trusted friend or family member about your concerns. Consider seeking support from a mental health professional.

Challenge negative thoughts: It can be helpful to identify and challenge negative thoughts about your health. For example, if you are worrying about a certain health condition, try to gather information about the condition and its likelihood of occurring.

Set limits on health-related information gathering: It can be helpful to set limits on how much time you spend researching your health concerns online or seeking reassurance from others.

Try to engage in activities you enjoy: Engaging in activities that bring you pleasure and a sense of accomplishment can help to reduce health anxiety and improve your overall sense of well-being.

Remember that it is normal to have concerns about your health, but it is important to find a balance and not let those concerns consume you. If your worry is interfering with your daily life, it may be helpful to seek support from a mental health professional.

WiredIncorrectly
05-01-23, 17:08
That's solid advice. I was thinking earlier today that I could do with a full physical. I'm going to ask my doc to book me one when I speak to him tomorrow.