PDA

View Full Version : Leg Worries

panicdad
05-01-23, 22:20
Hi all,

I don't post much here but do like to hear others' experiences.

I've had some life stressors come up recently (financial, family, etc). About 2 weeks ago I was crouching down (fixing bottom of a door) and got up quickly which caused a cramp like feeling in my calf. Now a normal person would move on, but I of course began the obsessions which circled around DVT fears.

I let it go for a few days but ultimately went to the doctor who sent me for an ultrasound a week later to rule it out and thankfully it was clear.

In the meantime the calf pain sort of came and went, but now for the last few days my hamstring/adductor (inner thigh) started to bother me - along with my knee/back of knee.

Now none of this is too crazy, however while obsessing over the DVT fear I read some posts on here of people with leg pains/soreness and their fears, and some of them had even scarier fears than DVT (various neurological disorders). So I am NOT going down that path (either on this site or on Google), BUT it has been two weeks already and what started as a sore/crampy calf now turned into a knee/hamstring/adductor muscle tightness/soreness along with just weird movement in that leg (i.e. I bend my knee weird now because the surrounding muscles are all out of whack). Interestingly the calf isn't as bad the last few days. This is all in one leg only.

I actually went to a Physical Therapist just now who said my back felt tight and some spots she pushed there kinda went down my leg so she said that could all be related and to work on strengthening my core. But I can feel that subconciously my mind is overthinking and over-evaluating what's going on.

In summary - it's been 2 weeks and the calf tightness turned into upper leg/lower back tightness/soreness which effects certain movements and makes me feel like it's because there's "weakness" which starts to touch upon other fears I don't even want to acknowledge.

Any insight or even rebuke would be appreciated.

.Poppy.
06-01-23, 03:53
You definitely just pulled a muscle in your leg. The back pain/other leg pain is probably due to your body moving differently to compensate for the pain/tension in your leg. Multiple professionals have given you a good look and given the all clear. Did the physical therapist give you any advice on how to work out your muscle to release the tension? Heat, cold, massages, etc? That would probably be helpful information to ask about if not.

It’s wild what can cause pulled muscles - I pulled a muscle in my back a few months ago putting on my socks, lol. It was also sore for weeks and I had leg pain too, because I couldn’t stand up straight which effected my walking and then my legs.

ankietyjoe
06-01-23, 09:18
Any insight or even rebuke would be appreciated.

Welcome to the human condition.

Move on.

panicdad
06-01-23, 18:17
You definitely just pulled a muscle in your leg. The back pain/other leg pain is probably due to your body moving differently to compensate for the pain/tension in your leg. Multiple professionals have given you a good look and given the all clear. Did the physical therapist give you any advice on how to work out your muscle to release the tension? Heat, cold, massages, etc? That would probably be helpful information to ask about if not.

It’s wild what can cause pulled muscles - I pulled a muscle in my back a few months ago putting on my socks, lol. It was also sore for weeks and I had leg pain too, because I couldn’t stand up straight which effected my walking and then my legs.

Yes they gave me some suggestions as to what muscles to work on.

What kind of worried me was that when poking around my back they were able to trigger leg cramping but the PT didn't seem to think that was so special. Of course now I also feel like I have "weakness" in that same side shoulder but that could also be from the exercises the PT had me do (one of them was rowing based which probably used the shoulder).

All in all not super worried about it just was wondering what other peoples experiences are.