PDA

View Full Version : The chemical in fast food wrappers

scaredgirl86
07-01-23, 03:51
I remember reading that a lot of the packages and paper they wrap food in contains bpa and other chemicals. Today I forgot and ate a croissant from Dunkin’ Donuts and it was sticking to the wrapper and now I’m scared chemicals got into the food. Anyone have any advice

glassgirlw
07-01-23, 03:57
How many millions of people a day eat food from a fast food wrapper? I think you have to try to put this one in perspective. The other ingredients in fast food should be more concerning than the wrapper it comes in, in my opinion.

scaredgirl86
07-01-23, 05:28
I was thinking of that how for years people eat off that stuff and they are fine. I don’t eat fast food that much but today I wanted something fast and didn’t even think about any chemicals being in there.

WiredIncorrectly
07-01-23, 10:37
Food packaging is safe and companies must follow very strict guidelines or they'll be find and shut down for causing harm.

Fast food isn't good for our health, but it's tastes so good sometimes :)

Don't worry you're safe.

ankietyjoe
07-01-23, 12:36
The fast food itself is likely to be 100's of times more damaging to you (long term of course) than the molecular specs of BPA you might ingest (which would also be a long term exposure issue).

The fact that you're even worrying about this means you're likely scouring the internet for things to be afraid of.

Maybe less 'research' is necessary in the future.

Fishmanpa
07-01-23, 13:35
Total non-issue :lac:

FMP

Magic
07-01-23, 18:35
Yes ,Maybe not a thing to be worried about. I cannot tell you how many times we nip into McDonalds when out shopping. Never give it a thought about the wrappings.

Lencoboy
07-01-23, 19:39
Total non-issue :lac:

FMP

Absolutely (in the least patronising manner to the OP).

If the wrappers/packaging of fast food were really considered such a big health hazard, it would have no doubt been all over the news headlines the world over day in day out and the W.H.O. would have also been putting the fear of God into us all by now.

No signs of either so far.

Lencoboy
07-01-23, 19:48
The fast food itself is likely to be 100's of times more damaging to you (long term of course) than the molecular specs of BPA you might ingest (which would also be a long term exposure issue).

The fact that you're even worrying about this means you're likely scouring the internet for things to be afraid of.

Maybe less 'research' is necessary in the future.

Possibly the OP happened to stumble upon some dubious claim by some know-it-all online with a bee in their bonnet about fast food and the so-called obesity 'epidemic' (plus also an agenda, of course), and trying to scare gullible individuals into avoiding fast food like the plague.

Such know-it-alls can go and do one as far as I'm concerned and stop spewing out their lousy disinformation about such issues.

Pamplemousse
07-01-23, 20:45
A view from the UK on a US favourite:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/04/why-is-american-chocolate-so-disgusting-you-really-dont-want-to-know

A lawsuit recently filed in New York alleges that Hershey, which has the licence to produce Cadbury products in the US, “fails to disclose” that some of its chocolate products “contain unsafe levels of lead and cadmium”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/30/hershey-sued-lead-cadmium-chocolate-new-york

I wouldn't worry about the wrapper. More the contents.

WiredIncorrectly
08-01-23, 00:18
PM, I nearly went down the Google hole :roflmao:

Fishmanpa
08-01-23, 01:05
I wouldn't worry about the wrapper. More the contents.

Exactly! Fast food in general has a vastly more adverse effect on your health than the paper its wrapped in.

FMP