PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about cancer treatment

Champagnebox
10-01-23, 14:47
Im having treatment on Thursday for thyroid cancer and it’s dawned on me today that they’ll want to do a pregnancy test when I go to hospital…I really don’t want one, I can feel my past traumas coming back….I’ve had two occasions of false positives years ago but what if they insist on doing one?? If it’s positive but I defo can’t be pregnant then it means something else is seriously wrong 😪 the only other things that cause false positives are really only serious cancers..I’m spiralling and overthinking💔 I mean we’re talking 2013 and 2015 was when I had them, and every other test in between and after was negative, and I guess if it was something serious I’d be dead now? I’m just getting anxious about going back to hospital I think 😪

Fishmanpa
12-01-23, 02:03
Its interesting that your anxiety brought up pregnancy. You know you can't be pregnant so that's really not an issue. Even in the very, very, VERY remote possibility you get a false positive, you know and they would test again so.... Sounds like the dragon is trying to distract you from the reality of treatment ;) Having been through some intense treatment for my cancer, I get it. Regardless, its not fun :( That said, I recall just battling through, day by day, treatment by treatment and doing the best I could do under the circumstances. Was I worried? Yes BUT, my focus remained on point in battling the beast and I took solace in knowing attitude is a key factor in dealing with it.

"Life is 10% what happens to us... 90% how we handle it" - Charles Swindoll

Sending positive thoughts... You got this!

FMP