PDA

View Full Version : Uterine polyp - scared!

CoconutMonkey
10-01-23, 14:59
Hello. I've posted a few times about various issues with myself and my husband. I'm currently dealing with a diagnosis and I could really use some support.

I had premature menopause around age 36-40 (it took a while to get diagnosed). I've been on HRT for about 6 years. In the last year or so I've noticed some irregular bleeding just before my scheduled (medically induced) period. I saw my dr and she sent me for a pelvic ultrasound. I have a fibroid, which I already knew about, but now apparently I have a polyp. The dr wants to remove it, and so I'm waiting now for a surgery time. The dr told me it's unlikely to be cancer but I'm so scared.
I've read a bunch of posts similar to mine on this forum and they've brought me some comfort. I'm just so scared that it's cancer. I'm scared that it's been lurking there for at least a year. The dr doesn't seem worried, exactly, but she wasn't overly comforting, either. My GP, who knew me for 20+ years and knew about my anxiety, has retired, and I feel very alone.
Does the fact that it's caused some spotting mean that it's cancerous? Or is that normal for polyps? I had one extremely heavy day during my last period - is this also normal or a sign of something bad?
I would really, really appreciate hearing from someone. I don't know how I'm going to wait for the surgery (it could be weeks or monthd) or how I'll deal with waiting for the results afterwards.
Please help.

CoconutMonkey
14-02-23, 23:54
I'm going in tomorrow to have the uterine polyp removed. According to my pre-op bloodwork, my hemoglobin is low. So of course I've been worrying all day.
First of all, I can't help wonder why my dr does this in hospital, with GA, when I hear of other people having it done in the dr's office. Does this mean mine is more serious?
If I do have anemia it could be due to my crappy diet and the heavier periods I've been having (likely due to the polyp). But I'm having trouble sticking with logic. I'm so scared the anemia and the polyp mean cancer.
I would really appreciate some words from someone.