PDA

View Full Version : New fear Liver Cancer

Dragi316
13-01-23, 15:20
So I知 a 39 year old male truck driver and for the past 3 weeks I have had a deep ache in my right ribs that wraps around my back. I seem to only really feel it when I知 driving or sitting leaning forward as well when walking sometimes. It completely goes away if I lie down on my back or right side . Of course I googled my symptoms and have now convinced myself I might have Liver Cancer. I知 really freaking out here could this really be sore Intercostal rib muscles lasting this long ? Or could this be something sinister?

Fishmanpa
13-01-23, 15:54
The title "New fear Liver Cancer" says it all. It's a 'fear' as opposed to reality. Based on your post, its obvious that this is job/posture related as the symptoms go away depending on your posture. Add to that Dr. Google and here you are :lac:

FMP

.Poppy.
13-01-23, 16:21
I suffer from costochondritis and yes, it can last a long time and it's really uncomfortable. It can wrap around the back because you have nerves that run along your ribs. Heat, especially wet heat, and painkillers (I use Aleve) are really helpful. Somehow, like everything, anxiety makes it worse too.

I would think you had an issue with your liver you would have a bunch of other, much more obvious/severe symptoms.

Dragi316
13-01-23, 18:10
Thanks Guys I appreciate it it makes me feel better. I notice I bend over when driving could that be what痴 causing this . I know my GP is tired of see me coming in with all my fears. It might be time to get a Therapist again