PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

woodnights
25-11-07, 13:05
hi all, can i just start by saying what a terrific help it has been going through the differnt posts in the different topics of advice on here. ill start by saying a bit about my self, i live in liverpool but am from ireland and have suffered from anxiety for around five years now. when i was younger i use to take drugs at the weekends, i was never addicted to them ( or i use to say i wasnt) it was more just fun with mates, i use to take all the usual stuff dont know if i should go in to it or not so ill leave it n the mean time.

at first i i started to get the light heads, pins and needles, feelin of panick, intrusive thoughts, palpitations and all the usual other suff. i was lucky enough at the time and had a really good doctor who referred me to a fried of hers who was a psychiatrist, although i had to pay pivate for him and i was really lucky that i could scrape through and be able to afford this.

anyway over the years i have been of and on with the anxiety anf for the past yeat i would sya i have been really good aprt from the odd set back.

i dont think i have ever really had a full on panic attak it was always nore anxiety attacks with me. i am also quiete prone to having quiet alot of intrusive and worrying thoughts which can be rather troublesome. ill give yo an example. i have a fear of choking and stopping breathing, anyone else who has this will know how panicky this can be. i was out for a meal at the weekend and i was constantly worried that i would not be able to breath because i would choke, and was always constanly worrying about what i was eating. it is absolutley horrible.

i also get periods of derealisation (or i think it is and hope its nothing else). it feels realy weird its like a feeling of I HAVT TO GET OUT OF HERE I CANT COPE, i feel so irritable and alone i reayyl feel like im going to explode and scrream at the top of my head. it is so scary that sometimes i feel like i have having a nervous breakdown.

anyway i think i have gone n a bit to much, so will look forward to your replys and hopefully make some great friends on here.

P.S this makes such a strain on my relationship because someone who has never experienced this doesnt understand what this is like.

xxx

Pickle
25-11-07, 13:28
Hi Woodnights :welcome: to NMP

Take care

Lindalou64
25-11-07, 13:37
HELLO PICKLE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.......LINDA

woodnights
25-11-07, 15:20
hi linda and pickle, thanks for welcoming me.

groovygranny
25-11-07, 15:25
Hello woodnights:welcome: to you!

Glad you're finding the site helpful - you'll find plenty of support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

manmoor
25-11-07, 17:19
Hi Woodnights,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Nibbles
25-11-07, 17:38
Hi woodnights and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

woodnights
25-11-07, 17:48
thanks all for welcoming me. hopefully chat to you all in the future on the forum.

Pink Princess
25-11-07, 18:56
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/hello/images/14441.gif

take kare xxxxxxxx

trac67
25-11-07, 19:04
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

kate
25-11-07, 19:36
:welcome:

Kate xxx

honeybee3939
25-11-07, 19:39
Hi Woodnights

Just wanted to welcome you too,:) its lovely to see you here, i hope NMP can be of some help.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Fall Out Boy
25-11-07, 20:08
whassup woodnights :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

nomorepanic
26-11-07, 19:00
Hi Woodnights

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.