PDA

View Full Version : Low mood and health anxiety triggering symptoms?

Starburst8
14-01-23, 12:27
Hi everyone,

Last year I lost two friends similar age, suddenly and one being a particularly close friend. Its made me really aware of my own mortality and coupled with the time of year, I'm struggling to lift my mood and deal with bowel symptoms.

I've had these symptoms on and off for around 10 months. No change in habit just a squeezing sensation down the left side of my abdomen. It's getting me down as I keep going to worst case scenario and causes a spiral. Objectively I'm pretty sure this is stress and anxiety related, but I can't let the "what if" go. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Elise
14-01-23, 14:04
Hi Starburst, I am so sorry to hear about your friends.

You've already made the first step in accepting they are most likely anxiety/stress related (which they definitely are)
You had an awful year and your body is reacting to the stress and grief, it's looking out for you! Every time I am stressed I have very similar symptoms. If you haven't already, I would definitely consider speaking to your GP and explaining what has happened and that you are struggling to cope. I also found the articles on here very helpful.
As I said, you have had a terrible time of it, you are bound to feel this way and shouldn't beat yourself up about it.
Look after yourself x
Elise