PDA

View Full Version : Memory/Confusion

TheArcher90
15-01-23, 10:53
Good morning NMP, I'm out here seeking reassurance as I'm worried I'm going a little insane.

The other day, while having my cat and child follow me around the kitchen I put the oven on as instinct as I got the food out with intention of cooking later, but I did not remember switching it on. Likely it was as instinct?

Yesterday, I'd made a shopping order on an app, didn't get all we needed so intended to get another load. I decided to go to the shop, it was raining so sacked that off. Tried the app a few times and didn't work but then after a few tries it had. When the shopping buzzer went off for a millisecond I was like 'I didn't order it did I?' And was confused.

I'm worrying these are signs of a tumor.

Catkins
15-01-23, 18:48
They are not signs of a tumour or insanity, just signs of a busy mum with a lot on her mind, juggling things.

All perfectly normal.

Fishmanpa
15-01-23, 19:08
When you have a lot going on sometimes you.... you... ummm.... I forget ;)

FMP

TheArcher90
16-01-23, 23:13
Thank you both! In hindsight I know I was an autopilot or distracted, parent life!

NoraB
19-01-23, 10:34
Good morning NMP, I'm out here seeking reassurance as I'm worried I'm going a little insane.

I've been asking myself the same question since 1988. :unsure:

The other day, while having my cat and child follow me around the kitchen I put the oven on as instinct as I got the food out with intention of cooking later, but I did not remember switching it on.

So, your attention was on your child and the cat, as well as what you needed to do in the kitchen? (Big ask of any brain, I'd say)

Yesterday, I'd made a shopping order on an app, didn't get all we needed so intended to get another load. I decided to go to the shop, it was raining so sacked that off. Tried the app a few times and didn't work but then after a few tries it had. When the shopping buzzer went off for a millisecond I was like 'I didn't order it did I?' And was confused.

Nah. This is what's commonly known as 'feeling mithered' because there's a lot going on.

Sort the kiddie out with some engaging toys (or kiddie's TV) and put the cat through the door flap while you do tea. :yesyes: