PDA

View Full Version : Can't take much more of this

Pickle
25-11-07, 13:23
Why does my body seem to be separate to my mind. I can honestly say I am not thinking negatively and my mind seems clear but my body seems to be rebelling. My anxiety is so high and nothing I do is bringing it down. I'm gonna give in soon and take something for it. I've been in this state since 3am and nothing I do is releiving the anxiety.

How do others cope, what do you do to take it from a 10 to a 3 or 4. I dont know how much more I can take. I am exhausted and scared and just dont know what to do anymore

Take care

Deluded
26-11-07, 18:12
Sorry to haer your doing bad...

Try showering in icecold water and breathe slow and distract(used to help me when i had 24/7 panic attacks).
Meds is good temporarily, but if u suffer bad anxiety, it becomes chronic use, never just "WHEN ABSOLUTELY NEEDED"

nomorepanic
26-11-07, 19:11
Breathing exercises is the best thing to stop my panic.

You need to do it properly though.

Also distraction helps.

Pickle
26-11-07, 20:37
Thanx for your replies Nic and Deluded, I think I was past any kind of distraction. I ended up taking 5mg of oxazepam and saw the doctor today. She has upped my Effexor to 3 x 37.5 and also put me on 40mg of oxazepam for 3 days. My head was fine, no negative thoughts that I could think of, but the adrenaline was just flooding me. I put up with it for over 48 hours and finally gave in this afternoon.

The doctor doesnt know why its happening, only that it is. Constant anxiety is awful, and trying everything I have learnt only for nothing to help was sheer hell.

Im annoyed I gave in but at least Im having some respite from it all at the moment.

Take care x

judipat
26-11-07, 22:27
Hi Pickle,

Dont be too tough on yourself for "giving in" to the meds. When anxiety is acute, they are brilliant in the short term and will give you the rest you so badly need.
When you feel a little stronger, you can then begin to analyse and understand the triggers of your anxiety/panic attacks etc and most important - how to control them.
I agree with Nic, in that breathing has a lot to do with panic and learning breathing techniques and how to control it is half the battle. With me, if I feel panic rising, I have to let my body go completely limp and count whilst breathing, i do 4 in 6 out - but you need to find whats comfortable for you. You need to make sure you are breathing from your tummy and not chest breathing. What i have learnt is that improper breathing leads to all other kinds of problems such as dizziness, nausea, pains/numbness and tingling in arms, hands, legs and feet and so on and so on.

Hope you feel better soon, please feel free to pm me if you want to.

Judi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx