PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss - obvious cause!

NewlyScared
17-01-23, 10:29
This is my first post - I've recently got a lot better for depression/anxiety/dissociation, but now seem to have health anxiety.

I came off venlafaxine about this time last year, and also started drinking less and cycling more. So, obviously, I've lost a bit of weight in the past year (just over one notch on my belt, I haven't weighed myself in years). But now my brain is like 'nooo, it's not the obvious lifestyle changes, it's ~something bad~'

Losing weight when you come off medication and change your lifestyle is normal, yes?

NoraB
17-01-23, 11:01
Losing weight when you come off medication and change your lifestyle is normal, yes?

Absolutely.

ServerError
17-01-23, 11:52
Drinking less and cycling more is a brilliant change that will have lots of benefits. Don't listen to your anxious mind on this one. Take pride in your achievements. The weight loss is your reward for a positive change.

NewlyScared
20-01-23, 15:45
Thank you both. I wasn't reassured (it's cold, so my rings were feeling loose constantly and feeding the panic). Spent a day googling and convincing myself I was dying of cancer.

Finally caved and weighed myself and...I've barely lost any weight (if any). I'm basically the same weight I was 2 years ago. Because, who knew, increasing your activity levels can build muscle as well as burn fat.

Now I feel intently silly, but at least I can relax until I start freaking out about the next thing.