PDA

View Full Version : Upper back pain

laura1988
19-01-23, 08:14
Hi
Soooo I'm so tired of this!!! Just for once would like to go through a month feeling OK! So the week after Christmas I had to work from a spare bedroom on the bed, I defo was slightly hunched over the laptop, after a few days I noticed that across my back felt bruised when moving my shoulder blades, I assumed it was from how I was sitting so didn't really pay much attention, but there is now 1 spot that is still hurting just right of my spine almost under my shoulder blade, it doesn't really bother me when I'm not moving but when I move my shoulder back its there or if i lean on it when in the bath, it's now been going on almost 3 weeks and I'm so worried its cancer that has spread from somewhere else! If it was something to do with muscles wouldn't it be all if them?! Or at least be feeling better! Just feel so sick 😫 anyone had anything like this before? So so worried x

NoraB
19-01-23, 10:52
Hi
Soooo I'm so tired of this!!! Just for once would like to go through a month feeling OK! So the week after Christmas I had to work from a spare bedroom on the bed, I defo was slightly hunched over the laptop, after a few days I noticed that across my back felt bruised when moving my shoulder blades, I assumed it was from how I was sitting so didn't really pay much attention, but there is now 1 spot that is still hurting just right of my spine almost under my shoulder blade, it doesn't really bother me when I'm not moving but when I move my shoulder back its there or if i lean on it when in the bath, it's now been going on almost 3 weeks and I'm so worried its cancer that has spread from somewhere else! If it was something to do with muscles wouldn't it be all if them?! Or at least be feeling better! Just feel so sick  anyone had anything like this before? So so worried x

Obvious cause and effect here. Strained muscles can take weeks or even months to improve, but anxiety is likely to prolong recovery time (tension etc)

What are you doing about your health anxiety?

Scared-to-human
28-01-23, 19:35
Hi
Soooo I'm so tired of this!!! Just for once would like to go through a month feeling OK! So the week after Christmas I had to work from a spare bedroom on the bed, I defo was slightly hunched over the laptop, after a few days I noticed that across my back felt bruised when moving my shoulder blades, I assumed it was from how I was sitting so didn't really pay much attention, but there is now 1 spot that is still hurting just right of my spine almost under my shoulder blade, it doesn't really bother me when I'm not moving but when I move my shoulder back its there or if i lean on it when in the bath, it's now been going on almost 3 weeks and I'm so worried its cancer that has spread from somewhere else! If it was something to do with muscles wouldn't it be all if them?! Or at least be feeling better! Just feel so sick 😫 anyone had anything like this before? So so worried x

im going through something similar. I’ve had a bad back for a month now! It’s driving me mad!! It kinda started at the bottom of my back and then I could feel it mid back and then upper back as well!! With weird feelings in my spine! I’ve had the same worrries as you. It’s so hard to switch the anxious thoughts off isn’t it! Xxx