PDA

View Full Version : Continual churning tummy

NWPower
24-01-23, 10:52
Anyone else get this as their main symptom? I can't eat or function normally. 3 months of feeling this anxious is testing my patience. I'm now on 150mg Sertraline (10 days in) Quetiapine (not quite sure why I'm taking that! It was the very first thing prescribed) I'm also taking Lorazepam twice a day and it's the only thing that allows me to function at least a little. I know they're addictive and Dr now saying they want to start reducing. Problem is my anxiety is still so chronic I don't feel I'm ready for this yet. I wake up anxious and it only goes when I take the Lorazepam. Any advice?

jackieann3
24-01-23, 12:17
Hello I'm not on any medication always been too scared but i can definitely associate with the churning stomach and anxiety, I had continual churning stomach all day and all evening for weeks and made my anxiety unbearable, it wore off after a while but get it a bit now still, mornings till lunchtime is my worst then it seems to die down a bit, if the lorazepam helps perhaps try and let the doctor wean you off any other medication and see how you go, hopefully the churning stomach will get better with time like mine did but I thought it would never go but it did, I always think these feelings can't last for ever they just can't I just couldn't stand it , I always find any physical anxiety symptoms I get do eventually get better no matter how long I have them so hopefully it will be the same for you, gone you feel better soon.

NWPower
24-01-23, 12:59
Hello I'm not on any medication always been too scared but i can definitely associate with the churning stomach and anxiety, I had continual churning stomach all day and all evening for weeks and made my anxiety unbearable, it wore off after a while but get it a bit now still, mornings till lunchtime is my worst then it seems to die down a bit, if the lorazepam helps perhaps try and let the doctor wean you off any other medication and see how you go, hopefully the churning stomach will get better with time like mine did but I thought it would never go but it did, I always think these feelings can't last for ever they just can't I just couldn't stand it , I always find any physical anxiety symptoms I get do eventually get better no matter how long I have them so hopefully it will be the same for you, gone you feel better soon.
Thanks for your kind reply. My hope is that the anti depressant will build up enough in my system so that I won't need the Lorazepam. Living like this is so wretched.

jackieann3
24-01-23, 13:56
Yes hope that's what they do, I know a few people on the same antidepressants as you and they say there very good , good luck.