PDA

View Full Version : Light Brown stools

willous1
24-01-23, 13:46
Hi all, I went through lots of tests last year due to anemia and this is not related to that. I had a colonoscopy, endoscopy and lots of bloods. Last week I went to the doctors who said no more bloods are needed.

All good I thought....however now my anxiety is worse than last year, I think it's the not knowing. My stools have always changed based on diet and the iron tablets made them dark which was normal. Last week or so though I have noticed the stools and lighter brown and sometimes more sticky although there is no bad odour. I have googled and now I am worried about pancreatic cancer....ALWAYS SOMETHING! I have tried to eat better and am starting a diet as my diet was poor. I feel stressed and am waiting for a doctor to call. It's not quite a yellow colour, more light brown/yellowey. Any comment would be appreciated or experiance?

BlueIris
24-01-23, 14:15
Light brown stool isn't a big deal, and changes are to be expected when you change your diet. No need to stress.

Fishmanpa
24-01-23, 14:49
I have googled and now I am worried about pancreatic cancer....ALWAYS SOMETHING! Any comment would be appreciated or experiance?

Its not always something. It's a behavior that feeds the dragon and sends you down the rabbit hole :lac: You've been around the block with this for a decade or so. Surely you recognize it? C'mon Willous, I've known you since you've been on here and I've always been real with you. You know better. Don't let the dragon pull you in.

FMP

rc906
24-01-23, 18:05
Been through something similar myself. Any shade of brown you're 100% fine. Poop colors come and go and chance constantly. Nothing to worry about.

willous1
26-01-23, 08:56
Its not always something. It's a behavior that feeds the dragon and sends you down the rabbit hole :lac: You've been around the block with this for a decade or so. Surely you recognize it? C'mon Willous, I've known you since you've been on here and I've always been real with you. You know better. Don't let the dragon pull you in.

FMP

You are completely right... and guess what!! All back to normal. I recognise it but just seem to go into a self destruct mode!

Thanks all!