PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness for months

eevee
25-01-23, 15:59
This would be long, but I’m hoping someone could relate. I haven’t felt normal since August last year :(

One day I woke up with vertigo that lasted minutes, then later in the day I had the worst left temple headache. That’s the start and after another morning vertigo the next day, I just felt very woozy and dizzy, especially when I moved my head too fast. It wasn’t really vertigo cos I’ve been having vertigo for many years and this wasn’t like that, more like the spinning was inside my head. And it felt like my eyes had a hard time catching up. It made me very nauseous too.

I thought it was a leftover vertigo, so I initially waited it out for a few days. I took my vertigo meds but it didn’t help.

After about a month of this, I went to see an ENT but he said there’s nothing wrong with my ears. Also went for an eye check and other than a slightly high eye pressure, my eyes were fine. I later went to a neuro and he said that my tight back and neck muscles were causing issues with my inner ears. Told me to get some physical therapy for BPPV.

I did feel an improvement after the physiotheraphy, not 100% better but maybe 75-80%. Around 2 weeks after I was done with my last session, the dizziness returned :(( now I’m mostly just riding it out. Usually I would get bad days for 3-5 days, then followed by better days (still never 100% but I feel mostly good). Oh and sometimes when I’m in bed asleep and turning around or moving my head, it feels like I’m on a boat swaying.

I tried neck and dizziness exercises that I found on youtube but I don’t think they’re really helping.

At this point it had gone on long enough that I was worried there’s something wrong with my brain. I knew I should go back to the doctor but I was scared of being sent for a brain scan. It wasn’t until this week that I finally kicked my ass and asked for a brain MRI and MRA. I was terrified but thankfully the result was fine.

So now I’m still none the wiser. I’m better now compared to when it first happened, but still not normal. I feel like I have been dizzy for so long I don’t even know how it feels to feel normal anymore. Like on days when I’m feeling good, it’s like cos my brain has gotten used to feeling dizzy, I then start to feel dizzy.

I read about vestibular migraine and I wonder if that’s what I have, cos I have almost all of the symptoms including the derealization especially in a crowd. The doctor gave me meds for migraine that I’ll start tomorrow so I hope it could help.

I don’t know if this is related, but around 3 weeks before my dizziness started I got a back massage and it was pretty hardcore my back still hurt a week later. Maybe they messed up my already messed up back (from bad posture etc)?

Phew, sorry for the long essay! Have you ever had similar dizziness to mine? Is it really just anxiety :/

Scared-to-human
25-01-23, 22:19
Hello! I really need to reply to this becuase I’ve been in a very simelar position to you. Mine started last year back in February in the same way yours did. Have you heard of pppd or triple pd? Especially what you said about supermarkets and the boat sway in bed made me think of that. YouTube has many amazing videos on it. Doctors don’t really know about it becuase it’s a relatively new diagnosis, but look it up. It’s massively linked with anxiety but it’s not anxiety. It’s not serious but it feels horrendous and like you’ve described. You’re not alone. You can message me anytime you like because im right there with you x
please watch this- https://youtu.be/cvcR7VKp2kw
katie xxx

eevee
26-01-23, 04:43
Hello! I really need to reply to this becuase I’ve been in a very simelar position to you. Mine started last year back in February in the same way yours did. Have you heard of pppd or triple pd? Especially what you said about supermarkets and the boat sway in bed made me think of that. YouTube has many amazing videos on it. Doctors don’t really know about it becuase it’s a relatively new diagnosis, but look it up. It’s massively linked with anxiety but it’s not anxiety. It’s not serious but it feels horrendous and like you’ve described. You’re not alone. You can message me anytime you like because im right there with you x
please watch this- https://youtu.be/cvcR7VKp2kw
katie xxx

Hi Katie! Thank you for your reply. It really sucks, doesn’t it! I hope you’re feeling better now though. I have heard of PPPD before but I never gave it an in depth look so I’m going to do that. I’ll watch the video too once my internet stops being wonky. It sucks cos other people would think I’m making things up when I really feel unwell inside. I also want to be normal, not like this :( even the idea of going outside is overwhelming

Scared-to-human
28-01-23, 19:40
I was exactly the same!!! It’s the most anxiety provoking feeling EVER. What did you think of the video? Did it bring you some comfort? You’re not alone. I promise xxx