PDA

View Full Version : Shortness of breath for 2 weeks- can’t yawn or take deep breath- please help

Foreverworried093
25-01-23, 17:05
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. I suffer from OCD and health anxiety very badly to the point where it is ruining my relationship completely. I want to be normal and I want to feel normal. For the last 2 weeks I feel like I can’t fully yawn or breathe deeply. I have a constant urge to take a deep breath every minute, sometimes less....but I cannot get a satisfying deep breath. It was on and off but has become constant 24/7 and i’m so scared. I’ve had this in the past, but never constant. I feel like an elephant is on my chest. I’ve tried distractions and they aren’t helping. I don’t know if this is anxiety or a real physical problem. My fiancé said I am breathing normal while sleeping. I have an appointment with my GP this Friday. I’m so scared I won’t be able to wait, but i’m scared of hospitals. My heart and lungs have been evaluated in the past several times and everything is ok. I don’t know what to think. Maybe my lungs should be checked again. The last time was 2019, and my heart was recently checked. It’s just constant chest tightness and urges to yawn and take deep breaths. I have allergies/GERD/post nasal drip and a hiatal hernia, but those have never made me feel this way. I can’t stop clearing my throat too. I’m going to lose my fiancé over my health anxiety/OCD. I’m driving him insane and I know that I’m acting crazy, but I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t tell the difference between my real health problems and anxiety. I’m so scared. It just feels different this time. I checked my oxygen and it’s 95-99. Any advice is greatly appreciated until I can see my doctor.

serith
26-01-23, 11:02
have you tried mindfulness and meditation? I would recommend Eckhart Tolle's "the Power of Now", it has some good stuff about getting in touch with your body which I think could be really helpful for you. Try to sit and meditate and feel the energy that's flowing through the body, just literally feel the energy and see where that takes you.