PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

mrsfinknottle
25-11-07, 18:55
Hi, I am a 56 year old widow who has suffered from social anxiety disorder since I was a small child. This may make me a bit old for this forum but never mind. I was diagnosed in 2000 and had cognitive behavioural therapy. This has been very helpful. Although I still get anxious at times it is nowhere as near as bad. The other good thing is that I have "come out" to my grown up daughter and she is able to used the CBT techniques on me when I am spiralling out of control, thus nipping potential disasters in the bud.

I had to give up work in 1995 due to severe migraines and chronic fatigue so one of the reasons I have joined this site is to feel less isolated. It would be good to hear from fellow sufferers.:flowers:

Pink Princess
25-11-07, 19:00
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/hello/images/14441.gif

hi welcome to the site, good to see you joined and you will make loads of friends here and wont feel so alone anymore. hope to see you around xx

take kare xxx

trac67
25-11-07, 19:03
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Pickle
25-11-07, 19:16
Hi and :welcome: to No More Panic. You will find loads of good advice here and also make some new friends on the way

Take care

honeybee3939
25-11-07, 19:30
Hi there

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

kate
25-11-07, 19:36
:welcome:

Kate xxx

Nibbles
25-11-07, 19:50
Hi Mrsfinknottle and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It doesn't sound odd at all and I'm glad to hear you've been making progress.

Take care,

Mike :)

Fall Out Boy
25-11-07, 20:07
hi, whassup?:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

groovygranny
25-11-07, 20:29
Hello mrsfinknottle (luv it!) :welcome: to you!

Crikey, 56 too old - I don't think so........plenty of life left yet!!

I'm 53 and I'm sure there are some members who are 60 and over - doesn't matter at all!

We're glad you decided to join us - and very pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

mrsfinknottle
25-11-07, 20:40
Thanks for your message Groovygranny. I feel better already.
Sue :)

mrsfinknottle
25-11-07, 20:45
Hi Honeybee, Thanks for your encouraging message.
Sue

Lindalou64
25-11-07, 23:42
HELLO MRS FINKNOTTLE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.....LINDA

debera
26-11-07, 00:46
Hi and Welcome
debera:hugs:

mrsfinknottle
26-11-07, 13:28
Many thanks to all who have posted on my thread. I never thought I'd get so many replies so quickly! I'm not sure if the etiquette is to reply individually to everyone so please forgive me if I don't do that as I also suffer from chronic fatigue,which is a whole nother site.

Am having a good day today except am hearing that the govt is "reforming" Incapacity Benefit which I am on. It sounds as though they're really going to be pressuring people to go back to work. As pressure makes all my symptoms worse I don't like the sound of this. Its been hard enough already to convince them I suffer from invisible conditions. Anyone else out there worried by this?

Best Wishes to you all
Sue

nomorepanic
26-11-07, 18:58
Hi there

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Joe1981
28-11-07, 04:58
Wecome to the site! Glad your here and hope to talk with you soon!