PDA

View Full Version : Having one of those days today

WiredIncorrectly
29-01-23, 11:55
Upset and low today. Matters are compounded because the dogs tail knocked a can of pop onto my new laptop. Now the left mouse button doesn't work. I've taken it apart and tried to look at it but it seems the connector under the mouse is damaged. In the process of removing the mouse key I broke the key and now it clicks strange too.

I can't use the laptop now. I've got this stupid problem where if something is broken I can't use it. If a page is bent in a book I can't read it. I want to stamp on the stupid thing. Going to have to order new parts when I can afford to. Aruughghas;dksad!

Things just keep going wrong. Counting to 10 and deep breathing is working.

I know I need to take my meds. It's been a week but I have aversion to taking them because they make my heartrate speed up. That side effect stops once I start taking them regular. I've been on and off for months now. They KO me too. I can feel my mental health sliding downhill. My mom keeps messaging me asking if I've taken them yet.

Pamplemousse
29-01-23, 12:29
Sorry to hear this, James - I do understand how you feel especially when you find that something that should be repairable defies you. This laptop I'm writing on does have a liquid-proof keyboard but the mouse buttons aren't, and none of them work. Maybe the connector is damaged as there are separate ribbons for mouse pad and buttons.

Just recently I picked up a book on the Hixon rail crash, which claims to be the "inside story". Randomly leafing through it, I spotted a fundamental error relating to Operation Smash Hit in which the author got the class of locomotive used completely wrong. If that fundamental an error creeps in - which makes me think the book hasn't seen an editor - how much of the book can be trusted? As a result it lies unread, destined either for the charity shop or recycling.

Step away from it for a while - I'm looking forward to reading about your project elsewhere.

WiredIncorrectly
29-01-23, 12:58
Sorry to hear this, James - I do understand how you feel especially when you find that something that should be repairable defies you. This laptop I'm writing on does have a liquid-proof keyboard but the mouse buttons aren't, and none of them work. Maybe the connector is damaged as there are separate ribbons for mouse pad and buttons.

Just recently I picked up a book on the Hixon rail crash, which claims to be the "inside story". Randomly leafing through it, I spotted a fundamental error relating to Operation Smash Hit in which the author got the class of locomotive used completely wrong. If that fundamental an error creeps in - which makes me think the book hasn't seen an editor - how much of the book can be trusted? As a result it lies unread, destined either for the charity shop or recycling.

Step away from it for a while - I'm looking forward to reading about your project elsewhere.

I think that's what it is PM, I feel defeated by such as simple problem. Ahhh, you have exactly the same problem as me! Bent pages in a book also pose a problem.

I am going to log off the Internet and get back to this project. I'm quite excited for you to see it so that's my drive to complete it.

Rigol have frustrated me. You have to pay for decoding! I'll discuss this in the other thread when I next update. I found a way around that.

Thanks PM.